Sunday, June 17 – Saturday, June 23, 2018
VetCAMP (Veterinary Career Aptitude and Mentoring Program) will house up to 52 high school students on UGA’s campus for seven days. At VetCAMP, students will be involved in various activities aimed at evaluating their skills and competitiveness as future veterinarians, providing mentorship and helping them experience veterinary medicine as an exciting career path. Click here to view the VetCAMP multimedia story on YouTube that UGA Public Affairs produced.
The seven-day-long on-site summer program will provide opportunities for observation of and participation in various services in the Veterinary Teaching Hospital, the Poultry Diagnostic and Research Center and the Diagnostic Laboratories, as well as a field trip to the Georgia Aquarium for a behind-the-scenes view of the facilities.
Other activities include information sessions on admission requirements, research opportunities, the curriculum, study abroad opportunities, and other underserved specializations in the field of veterinary medicine.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for VetCAMP, students must be current 10th, 11th or 12th grade high school students (at the time of application) who are interested in the veterinary profession.
***Please note: Application period for VetCAMP 2018 will open December 1, 2017.***
Completed application packets must have been received at the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine Office for Academic Affairs by Friday, January 26, 2018, for a student to be considered for VetCAMP.
Completed applications will include:
- VetCAMP Application Form (must have link to YouTube video to submit)
- Teacher/Counselor Recommendation Form (only one form per student is needed)
- YouTube Video (must be submitted via application form)
- Official High School Transcript (can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- $20 Application Fee (Click here to pay online)
This year we are incorporating an interactive application to guide us in the selection process. We ask that all applicants submit a YouTube video of themselves answering the following questions: Aside from a love of animals, why are you interested in veterinary medicine and what would make you an exceptional addition to the VetCAMP program? Guidelines for submission:
- Video must be 1.5 – 2 minutes long
- Upload video to YouTube.com and title it “UGA VetCAMP 2018 Application”
- Video must be made public so that we can access it
- Post link to video in online application
Your acceptance to VetCAMP is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email from the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine’s Office of Academic Affairs.
Please mail recommendation forms and transcripts to:
501 D.W. Brooks Drive
Athens, GA 30602
Accepted student notifications will be emailed to the address listed on the VetCAMP application by Friday, February 23, 2018.
For additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Cost to Attend VetCAMP
The cost of attending the program is $900 and covers lodging, meals, instruction and social activities.
Scholarships or financial assistance are available to those students with demonstrated need. For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For students accepted into VetCAMP, fees will be due by Friday, April 6, 2018.
Cancellations and Refunds Policy
If you have been accepted into VetCAMP, but cannot attend, all cancellations must be submitted in writing. The individual who made the original payment will receive:
- A full refund, less a administrative fee of $30, if cancellation is received in writing by 5 p.m. EDT on Friday, April 27, 2018.
- A refund of 50%, if the cancellation request is received in writing by 5 p.m. EDT on Friday, May 11, 2018.
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 3 weeks prior to the start date of the program.