To be eligible for transfer admission, an applicant currently completing DVM coursework must:
- Have completed a minimum of 3 semesters of coursework at his/her current CVM.
- Be enrolled in coursework at the time the application is submitted.
- Submit all transfer application materials (see below).
All transfer applicants must submit:
- A UGA CVM Transfer application.
- A cover letter stating the reason for requesting the transfer (e.g., financial hardship, medical condition, etc.).
- Transcripts from all institutions attended (pre-veterinary and veterinary*).
- A letter from the dean stating the applicant is currently in good academic standing.
- A $50 transfer app fee (checks made payable to the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine)
*Transcripts from institutions outside of the United States (with the exception of Ross University, St. George’s University, and St. Matthew’s University) must be evaluated by one of the 3 following transcript evaluation services:
Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
International Education Consultants
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Web site: http://www.jsilny.com/
World Education Services, Inc.
Bowling Green Station
P.O. Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087
Web site: http://www.wes.org/
Office of International Education Services
American Association of Collegiate Registrars and
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 520
Washington, DC 20036-1135
Web site: http://www.aacrao.org