Veterinary Stability Operations: Global Veterinary Medicine
Mon, June 20, 2016 - Fri, June 24, 2016
The purpose of this course is to give Veterinary Corps Officers (VCO) a macro view of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Health on a global scale and promote Global Veterinary Medicine awareness in early to mid-career Veterinary Corps Officers. This course should be considered a compliment to the Foreign Animal Disease Diagnostician Course and Veterinary Stability Operations: Pre-Deployment Course and mandatory for VCOs deploying in support of Stability Operations.
*Registration is mandatory for attendance
If possible, bring a computer
Daily uniform is ACUs – with field uniform for necropsy lab
Business casual civilian clothing for Friday'
Hotel Information: Holiday Inn Express * 513 West Broad Street * 706-546-8122 * Block Code: MIL
Contact: Melissa Kilpatrick
Click here, for directions
The Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) is the most convenient airport to use when attending a conference in Athens. Groome Transportation offers an excellent shuttle service to and from the Atlanta Airport and Athens. For more information and to schedule a reservation, please visit http://athens.groometransportation.com/.
|Georgia Center Hotel||1197 S. Lumpkin St, Athens, GA * 1-800-884-1381|
|Holiday Inn||197 E Broad St, Athens GA * 706-549-4433|
|Holiday Inn Express||513 West Broad Street * 706-546-8122 * Block Code: MIL|
|Springhill Suites||3500 Daniels Bridge Rd. * 706-353-8484|
|Hilton Garden Inn||390 Washington Street * 706-363-9948|
|Courtyard by Marriott||166 North Finley Street * 7063-69-7000|
|Hotel Indigo||500 College Ave., Athens, GA * 866-808-1438|
*Registration fee includes: continental breakfast, refreshment breaks, lunch, and instructional materials.
- Non-Lab Conference: Refunds are available for cancellations made by 5 p.m. ET, 10 days prior to the beginning of your event.
- Wet Lab Conference: Refunds are available for cancellations made by 5 p.m., 45 days prior to the beginning of your event.
- If a course is cancelled for any reason, the CVM will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
- For courtesy and liability reasons, we prohibit children and domestic animals (except working animals, e.g., guide dogs) at our CE conferences.
- Each conference participant may receive mail from companies or individuals who have obtained names and addresses from course registrations as permitted by the Georgia Open Records Act.
The University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine, founded in 1946, is dedicated to training future veterinarians, to conducting research related to animal diseases, and to providing veterinary services for animals and their owners. Our research efforts are aimed at enhancing the quality of life for animals and people, improving the productivity of poultry and livestock, and preserving a healthy interface between wildlife and people in the environment they share.