About the College
- The first class of 44 students graduated in 1950.
- The College employs 186 faculty members and 420 staff members.
- A list of our academic and administrative departments can be found in the footer at the bottom of this webpage.
- Our total budget is approximately $85.95 million, with about one third of that total appropriated or sponsored by the state of Georgia.
- The remainder comes from income from services, federal and other sponsors, the Southern Regional Education Board, gifts, and other subsidies.
About the Hospital
- During the last year, we had an in-house caseload of 26,096 cases, while our field services team made 1,068 calls and saw approximately 396,506 non-poultry animals.
- For more information, please visit our UGA Veterinary Teaching Hospital website.
About our students
Current enrollment is:
- 431 students in the DVM program
- 88 PhD candidates
- 11 DVM/PhD combined degree program students
- 7 DVM/MPH combined degree students
- 22 master's degree candidates
- 3 master's in avian medicine students
- 5 master's in avian health and medicine students
- 1 master's in food animal health student
- 43 residents
- 17 clinical interns
For more information about students and admissions policies, click here to visit the website for the UGA CVM Office for Academic Affairs.