- MS (1981), University of Kansas
- PhD (1985), University of Kansas
- Comparative immunology
- Regulation and activation of natural immunity
- Evolution of effector molecules of the cellular immune system
- Effector pathways of cytotoxicity
- Praveen K., Leary III, J. H., Evans D. L. and Jaso-Friedmann, L. 2006. Nonspecific cytotoxic cells of teleosts are armed with multiple granzymes and other components of the granule exocytosis pathway. Molecular Immunology, 43(8):1152-62.
- Praveen K., Leary III, J. H., Evans D.L. and Jaso-Friedmann, L. 2006. Molecular cloning of cellular apoptosis susceptibility (CAS) gene in Oreochromis niloticus and its proposed role in regulation of non-specific cytotoxic cell (NCC) functions. Fish and Shellfish Immunology, 20(4):647-55.
- Praveen K., Leary III, J. H., Evans D. L. and Jaso-Friedmann, L. 2006. Molecular characterization and expression of a granzyme of an ectothermic vertebrate with chymase-like activity expressed in the cytotoxic cells of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus). Immunogenetics, 58(1):41-55.
- Praveen K., Evans D. L. and Jaso-Friedmann, L. 2006. Constitutive expression of tumor necrosis factor-alpha in cytotoxic cells of teleosts and its role in regulation of cell-mediated cytotoxicity. Molecular Immunolology, 43(3):279-91.
- Kaur H., Jaso-Friedmann L., Leary III, J. H., Praveen K., Brahmi, Z. and Evans, D. L. 2005. Activation of natural killer-like YT-INDY cells by oligodeoxynucleotides and binding by homologous pattern recognition proteins. Scandinavian Journal of Immunology, 62(4):361-70.