The UGA College of Veterinary Medicine is dedicated to training future veterinarians, conducting research related to animal and human diseases, and providing veterinary services for animals and their owners. Read more about us >>
UGA To Collaborate on Zika Vaccine
The University of Georgia announced today that it has entered into a collaborative research agreement with GeoVax Labs Inc. to develop and test a vaccine to prevent the emerging and virulent Zika virus infection. Read More.
July 16-18: Diagnostic Endoscopy
August 9: S" is for Skin: A Day of Dermatology
August 16: Laser Therapy in Veterinary Practice
September 10-11: Comparative Ocular Pathology (COPS)
October 10-11: Small Animal Surgery
- Dr. Cynthia Ward was named a Josiah Meigs Distinguished Teaching Professor, the highest teaching honor awarded by the University of Georgia.
- UGA Alumni Association's 2014 "40 under 40" list. CVM alumni Schmiedt and Swartz were named.
- Read about the Josiah Meigs Professors teaching in the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Staff Awards | Faculty Awards
- The CVM’s Dr. Ted Ross is working with Sanofi Pasteur to create a new flu vaccine that would protect against multiple seasonal influenza strains over a multi-year period.
- Recent Research Awards
- U.S. developing bird flu vaccine, no distribution plans yet.
- DRUGS 2.0: "Essential oils" sounds like a spa treatment, but could they help in the battle against drug-resistant bacteria?
- UGA technology could help halt measles outbreak.
- Researchers find protein necessary for fertility performs different roles in sperm, eggs.
- This is what your cat is really trying to say.
- UGA CVM PhD candidate Tara Bracken examines the challenges involved with improving the health of all people in her story, "Wealth versus Wellness: The Complex World of Global Health"
- Deadly bird flu not likely to come to Georgia.
- A walk isn't just a walk to your dog. It's a social media journey! UGA CVM's Sharon Crowell-Davis explains why.
- Obese Pet Survey Reveals Hidden Health Risks.