Shiyou Chen DVM, PhD
- DVM (1988) Huazhong Agricultural University
- PhD (1993) Nanjing Agricultural University
- Vascular smooth muscle differentiation and proliferation
- Myofibroblast activation
- Epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT)
- Vascular remodeling and inflammation
- Myocardial infarction and fibrosis
- Transforming growth factor-β signaling and function
- Mammalian Physiology (VPHY 6090, VPHY6100)
- Cell Physiology (VPHY 8010)
- Ning Shi, Weibing Xie and Shiyou Chen, Cell division cycle 7 is essential for the initiation of transforming growth factor-Β-induced smooth muscle differentiation, Journal of Biological Chemistry, 287(9): 6860-6867, 2012.
- Jia-Ning Wang, Ning Shi, Shiyou Chen, Manganese superoxide dismutase inhibits neointima formation through attenuation of migration and proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells,Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 52(1):173-81, 2012.
- Xia Guo and Shiyou Chen, Transforming growth factor-Β and smooth muscle differentiation (Review), World Journal of Biological Chemistry, 3(3): 41-52, 2012.
- Jun-Ming Tang, Jie Yuan, Qing Li, Jia-Ning Wang, Xia Kong, Fei Zheng, Lei Zhang, Long Chen, Lin-Yun Guo, Yong-Hang Huang, Jian-Ye Yang and Shiyou Chen, Acetylcholine induces mesenchymal stem cell migration via Ca2+/PKC/ERK1/2 signal pathway, Journal of Cellular Biochemistry, 113(8):2704-2713, 2012.
- Zuguo Li, Weibing Xie, Crisanto S Escano, Laureano D Asico, Pedro A Jose, and Shiyou Chen, Response gene to complement 32 is essential for fibroblast activation in renal fibrosis, Journal of Biological Chemistry, 286(48):41323-30, 2011.
- Jianing Wang, Ning Shi, Shiyou Chen, Response gene to complement 32 promotes vascular lesion formation through stimulation of smooth muscle cell proliferation and migration,Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology (ATVB), 31(8):e19-26, 2011.
- Weibing Xie, Zuguo Li, Xiaochun Long, Joseph M Miano, Shiyou Chen, Smad3-mediated myocardin silencing, a novel mechanism governing the initiation of smooth muscle differentiation, Journal of Biological Chemistry, 286(17):15050-7, 2011.
- Jun-Ming Tang, Jianing Wang, Lei Zhang, Fei Zheng, Jian-Ye Yang, Xia Kong, Lin-Yun Guo, Long Chen, Yong-Zhang Huang, Yu Wan, and Shiyou Chen, VEGF/SDF-1 promotes cardiac stem cell mobilization and myocardial repair in infarcted heart, Cardiovascular Research, 91(3):402-11, 2011.
- Wenyan Huang, Weibing Xie, Xia Guo, Fengmin Li, Pedro A. Jose, Shiyou Chen, Smad2 and PEA3 cooperatively regulate transcription of response gene to complement 32 in TGF-β-induced smooth muscle cell differentiation of neural crest cells, American Journal of Physiology-Cell Physiology, 301(2):C499-506, 2011.
- Xia Guo, Pedro A Jose, Shiyou Chen, Response gene to complement 32 interacts with Smad3 to promote epithelial-mesenchymal transition of human renal tubular cells, American Journal of Physiology-Cell Physiology, 300(6): C1415-21, 2011.
- Guangqing Huang, Jianing Wang, Junming Tang, Lei Zhang, Fei Zheng, Jianye Yang, Linyun Guo, Xia Kong, Yongzhang Huang, Yong Liu, Shiyou Chen, Combined transduction of copper/zinc superoxide dismutase and catalase mediated by cell-penetrating peptide PEP-1 protects myocardium from ischemia-reperfusion injury, Journal of Translational Medicine, 9:73, 2011.
- Youen Zhang, Shouzhi Fu, Xiao-Quan Li, Ping Chen, Jialiang Wang, Jun Che, Junming Tang,Shiyou Chen and Jianing Wang, PEP-1-SOD1 protects brain from ischemic insult following asphyxial cardiac arrest in rats, Resuscitation, 82(8):1081-6, 2011.
- Pedro A. Jose, Shiyou Chen and Ines Armando, Connections in chronic kidney disease: connexin 43 and connexin 37 interaction, Commentary, American Journal of Physiology-Renal Physiology, 301(1):F21-3, 2011.
- Aruna R. Natarajan, Guichun Han, Shiyou Chen, Peiying Yu, Richard E. White, and Pedro A. Jose, 2010, The D5 dopamine receptor mediates BKCa channel activation in human coronary artery smooth muscle cells, Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics,332(2):640-9.
- Zaiming Luo, Yifan Chen, Shiyou Chen, Bill Welch, Bradley T. Andresen, and Pedro Jose, Christopher Wilcox, 2009, Comparison of drugs to inhibit superoxide generation in vascular smooth muscle cells, British Journal of Pharmacology, 157: 935–943.
- Wenyan Huang, Zuguo Li, Horea Rus, Xiaoyan Wang, Pedro A Jose, Shiyou Chen, 2009, Response gene to complement 32 mediates transforming growth factor beta-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human renal proximal tubular cells, Journal of Biological Chemistry, 284(14):9426-32.
- Fengmin Li, Zaiming Luo, Wenyan Huang, Quansheng Lu, Christopher S Wilcox, Pedro A Jose and Shiyou Chen, 2007, Respose gene to complement 32, a novel regulator for transforming growth factor-β-induced smooth muscle differentiation of neural crest cells, Journal of Biological Chemistry, 282(14):10133-7 (accelerated publication).
- Victorino R. Briones, Shiyou Chen, Anna Tate Riegel, Robert J. Lechleider, 2006, Mechanism of Fibroblast Growth Factor-Binding Protein 1 Repression by TGF-β, Biochemical Biophysical Research Communications, 345(2):595-601.
- Shiyou Chen, Michelle Crawford, Regina M. Day, Victorino R. Briones, Jennifer E. Leader, Pedro A. Jose and Robert J. Lechleider, 2006, RhoA modulates Smad signaling during TGF-β-induced smooth muscle differentiation, Journal of Biological Chemistry, 281(3):1765-70.
- Shiyou Chen and Robert J. Lechleider, 2004, Transforming growth factor-β-induced differentiation of smooth muscle from a neural crest cell line, Circulation Research, 94:1195-1202.
- Shiyou Chen, Magdalena Kulik and Robert J. Lechleider, 2003, Smad proteins regulate transcriptional induction of the SM22α gene by TGF-β, Nucleic Acids Research, 31(4): 1302-1310.