Director of Assessment
About Sam Karpen
Dr. Karpen earned his Ph.D in social psychology from Indiana University in 2013 and joined the CVM in 2018 after three years as Director of Assessment at the Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy and two years as a statistician at State Farm Mutual. His professional/research interests include judgment and decision making, program evaluation, social science research methodology, fall risk, and statistics.
- Karpen SC. The Social Psychology of Biased Self-Assessment. Am J Pharm Educ. 2018; 82(5): Article 6299.
- Karpen SC, Hagemeier, NH. Assessing Faculty and Student Interpretations of AACP Survey Items with Cognitive Interviewing. Am J Pharm Educ. 2017; 81(5): Article 90.
- Karpen SC, Ellis SC. Applying Predictive Analytics to Pharmacy Education. Am J Pharm Educ. 2018; 82(7): Article 6980.
- Karpen SC. P-Value Problems. Am J Pharm Educ. 2017; 81(9): Article 6570.
- Karpen SC. Misuses of Regression and ANCOVA in Educational Research. Am J Pharm Educ. 2017; 81(8): Article 6501.
- Rudolph M, Lee KC, Assemi M, et al. Structure and Resources for Assessment in US Schools and Colleges of Pharmacy. Curr Pharm Teach Learn. In Press.
- Lee KC, Rudolph M, Assemi M, et al. Elements of Institutional Culture of Assessment at US Schools and Colleges of Pharmacy. Curr Pharm Teach Learn. In Press.
- Welch AC, Karpen SC. Comparing students’ performance on the old and new versions of the NAPLEX. Am J Pharm Educ. 2018; 82(3), Article 6408.
- Anson E, Thompson E, Karpen SC, el al. Biofeedback Training Program Reduces Quantitative Drug Index Scores Associated with Fall Risk. J Geriatr Phys Ther. BMC Res. Notes. 2018, In Press.
- Hall CD, Karpen SC, Odle B, Panus PC, Walls ZF. Development and Evaluation of the Medication-based Index of Physical function (MedIP). Age Aging. 2017; April 24: 1-6.