The AHRC administration and Bioresources team offer consultation regarding models used and study set up following the guidelines provided in the Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (the BMBL), the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, and the Guide for the Care and Use of Agricultural Animals in Research and Teaching (the Ag guide).
The Office of Biosafety as well as the AHRC administration provides consultation regarding all procedures, equipment, animal model, personnel, PPE, transporting agents and tissues, and decontamination.
All animals involved in your project will receive expert care provided by a highly trained AHRC Bioresources Team, which is a part of the University of Georgia’s fully accredited program as designated by the Association of Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC).
The following services are provided:
- Appropriate personal protective equipment training for lab staff, veterinarians and AR staff
- Animal Care and enrichment
- Provide various Technical Procedures (injections, blood collection, medication, tissue harvesting, necropsy, etc.)
- Vet services with consultation and care provided by on-call veterinarian
- Enrichment Program
- Study design and Set-up
- Decontamination- liquid and gas sterilization
- Environmental monitoring
- Health checks
- Record management
- Waste disposal
- Emergency evacuation training