The College of Veterinary Medicine Distinguished Alumnus and Young Achiever Awards are presented annually during the conference & alumni weekend. Nominees for the Young Achiever Award must have graduated 9, 10 or 11 years prior to the year the award is presented.
The Alumni Awards Selection Committee handles the task of reviewing nomination packets and determining the winners. Individuals not selected are eligible for 2 additional years after their initial nomination. Updated information will need to be provided for your nominee.
Nominees are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Animal and human health-related public service
- Contributions to the local community, state, or nation
- Professional service
- Involvement in veterinary education research and/or service
- Involvement in veterinary associations at the local, state, or national level
- Contributions to the College’s Alumni Association
2018 Distinguished Alumnus Award Winners
Sheila McGuirk, Class of 1977
Jack Sexton, Class of 1978
2018 Young Achiever Award Winner
Brent Credille, Class of 2008