We work to isolate and identify bacterial and fungal pathogens that cause disease in animals and to perform in vitro antimicrobial susceptibility testing.
- Aerobic and anaerobic culture for the presence of fastidious and non-fastidious bacterial pathogens
- Mycoplasma culture and species identification
- Culture for fungal pathogens
- Comprehensive bacteriological studies of fish diseases through culture and molecular diagnostics
- Environmental Screening for specific pathogens and sterility checks
- Aquarium Water Quality (Bacterial, Fungal and Mycobacterium)
- Nosocomial Investigations for private practices and hospitals
- Mycobacterium and Aerobic Actinomycete Culture and Susceptibility testing
- Identification and susceptibility testing for aerobic and fungal pathogens
Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing (AST)
All tests are completed following CLSI (Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute) guidelines. We attempt to perform AST on isolates that are deemed significant. We may not perform AST on isolates that are common contaminants or normal flora as it will not provide useful information and may lead to inappropriate antibiotic use. We do not routinely perform AST on fastidious organisms for which there are no recommended guidelines or interpretive criteria. In special circumstances and on specific request from practitioners, we will attempt AST on such isolates.
MIC data is available on request.