- This event has passed.
15th Annual Shelter Medicine Symposium
February 4 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm EST
The UGA CVM Shelter Medicine Club is pleased to announce their upcoming 15th Annual Shelter Medicine Symposium! This year’s event will be IN PERSON and is a great opportunity to hear from experts from all about the latest updates and practical tips in the field of shelter and veterinary medicine.
No cost to attend, all are welcome. A $5 buffet lunch will be offered to facilitate networking and celebrating being back together in person. Optional CE credit will be offered for 6 hours ($60) for veterinary professionals.
This event is hosted at the Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Alumni Hall, 2200 College Station Road, Athens, GA
- 8:00 – 8:45 am–Registration and Meal Ticket Distribution
- 8:45 am – Welcome from Club Officers Team/Overview of the Day
- 9 am – Dr. Callie Harris, “Young at Heart: Nutrition and Myxomatous Mitral Valve Disease”
- 10 am – Dr. Staci Cannon, “Housing for Health”
- 11 am – Dr. Brandy Duhon, “Zoonosis + You” – Sponsored by UGA Disability Resource Center
- 12 pm– Lunch, subsidized by Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets
- 1 pm – Dr. Amber Harris, “Diabetes: A Review + Updates on Management and Diagnosis”
- 2 pm – Dr. Brandy Burgess, “Diagnostic Testing and Epidemiology”
- 3 pm –Dr. Autumn Vetter, “Feline Handling, Behavior, and Enrichment”
15th Annual Shelter Medicine Symposium (pdf)