External Affairs Communications
Warming oceans lead to more fur seal deaths from hookworm infection
Odum School of Ecology postdoctoral associate -- and former CVM student -- Mauricio Seguel and a team of researchers recently completed a study that shows that warming ocean temperatures impacts fur seal deaths from hookworm infection.
Southeastern Cooperative Wildlife Disease Study honored at AFWA meeting
SCWDS recently received the prestigious AFWA Earnest Thompson Seton Award.
Researchers seek vaccine for ‘traveler’s diarrhea’
A major cause of traveler’s diarrhea is bacteria called Enterotoxigenic E. coli, or ETEC. A joint effort between the University of Georgia and the University of Texas at Austin has discovered how ETEC works to cause disease. They are using this information in an effort to develop a preventive vaccine for travelers.
In the Media
- CVI welcomes, Michelle Booden, new director of strategic alliances and business development
- CVI and Sanofi Pasteur Extends Research Agreement
- Atlanta Journal Constitution - 2018 Influenza Season
- Daily Republic - 2018 Influenza Season
- UGA close to making flu vaccine
- Mark Tompkins - Winners announced for President’s Interdisciplinary Seed Grant Program
The College’s alumni and friends magazine, containing information about people and current programs. The Aesculapian is a good source of story ideas for journalists. For current and past issues of the Aesculapian, click here for the archives.