SMALL ANIMAL EMERGENCY SERVICE UPDATE:
Please be aware that we are having to limit our small animal emergency receiving due to capacity challenges within our hospital. We advise all owners and veterinarians to please call ahead to check our current receiving status before heading our way.
Our small animal emergency service is open 24/7, 365 days a year for evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of animals needing urgent or emergency care for illness or injury.
Emergencies do not require a referral or an appointment. However, we do ask that you call ahead to let us know you are on your way so that we can be better prepared for your arrival.
Once your pet is evaluated and stabilized, we will discuss diagnostic and treatment options with you. This could include transferring your pet to one of our many specialty services for further care or recommending follow-up care through your primary veterinarian.
Our hospital also has a critical care service that is staffed 24/7 and is responsible for caring for animals in our Intensive Care Unit (ICU). This may include those needing:
- 24-hour monitoring by trained technicians and veterinarians
- Intravenous fluid (IV) therapy
- Oxygen support for severe respiratory difficulty
- Mechanical ventilation for respiratory failure
- Blood transfusions
- Blood pressure monitoring and IV medications for support of blood pressure
- Monitoring and treatment of abnormal heart beats (arrhythmias)
- IV or tube feedings for nutritional support
- Intensive management of pain