Whether it is a visible lameness or a change in your horse’s overall activity level, we can help. Not only do our doctors have advanced training in evaluating and treating lameness issues, but our hospital also has state-of-the-art facilities and diagnostic equipment to help them get to the root of the problem.
Highlights of this service include:
- Covered equine performance arena with different surfaces to evaluate lameness and performance on, including arena footing
- Advanced diagnostic capabilities such as digital radiography, MRI, nuclear scintigraphy and ultrasound
- Lameness evaluation
- Poor performance evaluations looking at causes other than just lameness such as muscle injury and respiratory problems
- Podiatry recommendations / consultations
- Shockwave therapy
- Joint therapies, including traditional and regenerative therapies
- Rehabilitation recommendations / consultations
- Pre-purchase exams
Rehabilitation Exercise Videos
As part of your horse’s rehabilitation plan, our clinicians may recommend some at-home exercises. Below are several videos that help explain how to preform some of our most commonly recommended rehab exercises.
Please note that these exercises are intended to only be used if your veterinarian has prescribed them for your horse. You should always consult with your veterinarian before starting any new rehab program.