Treatment and solutions for animal problem behaviors
Please be advised that we are currently revamping our behavioral medicine referral process. During this time, we will be unable to take on any new patient requests. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 706-542-1984. Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience.
Did you know that dogs and cats can suffer from mental illnesses and behavioral pathologies just like people? It can be very stressful for animal owners and their families when their pet suffers from anxiety disorders, aggression, phobias or other psychological/psychiatry and behavioral issues. Our behavioral medicine team offers comprehensive evaluations and evidence-based treatment plans for a wide-range of mental health and behavioral problems. Let us help alleviate both you and your pet’s stress by scheduling an appointment with this service today.
What we can help with:
- Separation anxiety disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Specific phobias such as storm phobia, fear of people, fear of other animals, fear of the veterinary experience, neophobia and claustrophobia
- Aggression directed toward other animals and/or humans
- Obsessive compulsive disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Elimination problems and marking behavior (with urine or feces)
Our goals are to:
- Help owners and caregivers understand how the brain/mind generates the behavior in non-human animals, and to improve human-animal communication and relationships
- Treat and manage mental health and behavioral disorders
- Develop research in animal behavior, neuroscience, clinical behavioral medicine and animal welfare