Chastain Veterinary Medical Group
Posted On: July 6, 2020
Job Type: Veterinarian
Work Type: Small Animal Only
Business Name: Chastain Veterinary Medical Group
Contact Name: Sue Chastain
At Chastain Veterinary Medical Group, we are excited to add a few motivated and caring Associate Veterinarians (DVMs) to our North Texas veterinary medical leadership team. If you’re a TX-licensed veterinarian who is passionate about small animal and exotic pet care and you’re looking to join an animal hospital that values your ideas, communicates clear expectations, and provides mentorship, schedule flexibility, great benefits, and top tier pay, then we encourage you to apply today.
Over the years we have worked with about 18 associate veterinarians and their average duration of employment is almost 4 years each. So, let’s get started!
Your New Associate Veterinarian Job Duties
In this dynamicAssociate Veterinarian position, you will work with a diverse range of clients, precious pets, and our hospital managementteam todiagnose, treat and prevent an array of companion animal diseases and illnesses,all in accordance with veterinary medical ethics. The majority of your clinicalwork involves deliveringsafe and suitable treatments for well-loved household dogs and cats. If you would like to strengthen your background in non-traditional pet medicine, we offer hands-on training/mentorship as well as paid CE opportunities to learn to learn more about exotics too!
On any given workday, you may complete any or all of these important tasks:
• You work independently and collaboratively with a team to provide best-in-class customer service and superior patient healthcare.
• You’re an advocate for prevention and improvement of the human animal bond and you share relevant research that helps our team constantly provide modern, sound, and evidence-based medical care.
• You offer helpful advice and demonstrate a patient, comforting, and empathetic bedside manner during difficult and emotional appointments.
• You examine pets, perform diagnostics, give pet owners home-care instructions, useful medications, and follow up visitation plans so that every patient we tend to,can have an inimprovementtheir quality of life.
• You administer vaccines and prescribe necessary pharmaceuticals to prevent common zoonotic and animal diseases.
• You perform spays and neuters, remove masses, oversee or perform oral surgeries and dental cleanings,and perform othersurgical procedures as needed.
Relevant Skills, Traits, and Certifications
• You are licensed to practice veterinary medicine in the state of Texas, and you’ve earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree (DVM), or equivalent, from an accredited institution.
• You’re a good problem solver, you have a can-do spirit, and you’re a solid communicator.
• You’re committed to providing excellent customer service and quality pet care with a positive attitude.
• You have reliable transportation to and from work and you can work part-time or full-time hours.
Our Veterinarians Top 10 Reasons They Love Working Here
1. We work as a teambut do not micromanage.
2. Your work helpsTexas pet ownersprovide quality animal care and maintain safe and healthy family homes.
3. Our door is always open, and we practice honest and transparent communication with each other.
4. We celebrate individual and collective success and we reward outstanding work in meaningful ways.
5. We support healthy living, encourage work / life balance, and give you plenty of paid time off (PTO).
6. We offer sign-on bonuses, relocation assistance, student debt relief and above-industry-averagepay.
7. We offer generous benefit and wellness packages, and we offer flexible work arrangements.
8. Both practices are AAHA accredited and weoperate as AAHA-certified mentorship practices.
9. Weemploy doctors with distinct areas of expertise, encourage continuous learning and upskilling,and provide paid time off to pursue professional development opportunities.
10. We maintain an inclusiveand friendly work environment that is inviting, unified, and fun.
Bonus: We change with you as your life changes. We offer maternity/paternity/bereavement leave. We understand this part of life and we’re there with you.
Apply Now – North Texas Animals Need You!
We look forward to hearing from Associate Veterinarians that have values that align with ours.Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.
About Chastain Veterinary Medical Group | Dallas, TX | McKinney, TX |Equal Employment Opportunity
At Chastain Veterinary Medical Group, our cohesive team provides the finest health care for pets, education for their families, and an encouraging, inclusive work environment for our people. For the last two decades, we’ve focused on hiring diversetalent, building intelligent teams, and fostering a supportive culture where Equal Employment Opportunities thrive, and discrimination and harassment are not tolerated. If you’d like to practice quality veterinary medicine with us, we encourage you to apply now and visit us in person at our Dallas or McKinney practices.Formore information about the practice, pets, and passion here at Chastain:http://chastainvets.info/