Link to apply: https://performancemanager8.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=72587&company=battelle
Clinical Veterinarian II
Battelle delivers when others can’t. We conduct research and development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients—whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Battelle is seeking a Clinical Veterinarian II to perform non-surgical and surgical procedures, provide veterinary care and evaluations associated with sponsored preclinical study execution and research and development objectives. Position is located in West Jefferson, OH. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking, and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Battelle’s high regard for our employees. The position requires clinical experience with laboratory animals, and experience in common veterinary procedures and surgical techniques.
In this role you will:
• Contribute to the daily care and clinical oversight/support of research animals, disease diagnosis and study support in ABSL-2 and ABSL-3 research areas
• Contribute veterinary insight to IACUC protocols and procedures
• Development and refinement of various veterinary procedures
• Engage with other veterinarians to maintain and advance the animal care and use program including preventative medicine, routine and emergency veterinary care, health surveillance, and use of in vivo models in biomedical research
• Demonstrate ability to adapt to the unique challenges of fast-paced research environments
• DVM/VMD degree from an AVMA-accredited institution
• Licensure to practice veterinary medicine in at least one U.S. state
• Two years of laboratory animal experience in an academic or industry setting
• USDA accreditation or application submitted within 1 month of hire
• Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S government security clearance.
• Laboratory experience working with in vivo models
• Ability to work with a high priority focused on biosecurity, attention to detail, and timeliness. Individual must demonstrate persistence and energy in a dynamic, fast-paced, and demanding work environment
• Willingness to learn at a rapid pace in results oriented, teamwork environment
• Ability to work weekends on a rotational on-call basis
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, sufficient for accurate transmission of information internally within team and across the organization
• Work may involve the use of potentially hazardous materials or may be located in areas where such materials are used. Work requires the use of personal protective equipment and adherence to strict safety protocols
• Must be willing to participate in a medical health surveillance program and be able to wear personal protective equipment as required
• This position is subject to working with or have potential for exposure to infectious material, requiring medical clearance and FDA approved immunizations
• Visual Demands – Must be able to read and see clearly. Prescription eye wear is allowed
• ACLAM/ECLAM Board Certified or eligible
Benefits: Live an Extraordinary Life
We care about your well-being, not just on the job. Battelle offers comprehensive and competitive benefits to help you live your best life. (Benefits are effective day one.)
• Balance life through a compressed work schedule: Most of our team follows a flexible, compressed work schedule that allows for every other Friday off—giving you a dedicated day to accomplish things in your personal life without using vacation time.
• Take time to recharge: You get paid time off to support work-life balance and keep motivated.
• Prioritize wellness: Stay healthy with medical, dental, and vision coverage with wellness incentives and benefits plus a variety of optional supplemental benefits.
• Better together: Coverage for partners, gender-affirming care and health support, and family formation support.
• Build your financial future: Build financial stability with an industry-leading 401(k) retirement savings plan. For most employees, we put in 5 percent whether you contribute or not, and match your contributions on top of that.
• Advance your education: Tuition assistance is available to pursue higher education.
• Flexible work arrangements: You have options for where you work and when you work.