Bixby Animal Clinic has been serving the Long Beach, CA, community for more than 17 years, providing excellent customer service to our clients and exceptional medical care to our patients.
In July 2022, Bixby Animal Clinic completed a major expansion project and will opening an 24/7 emergency department in 2023. Besides our general practice, we work closely with Board-Certified Internists, Dermatologists, Cardiologists, and Orthopedic Surgeons.
We are looking for talented new graduates and experienced DVMs who are passionate about the field of veterinary medicine and are open to growing with our hospital. Here at Bixby Animal Clinic, we pride ourselves in embracing change and new technologies to further provide the absolute best care for our patients, all the while making sure we provide our staff with the tools and utilities to make this happen.
We believe times have changed, and we want to change with it. Pets are no longer just animals living in our homes, they are family. We strive to better our community through education and assistance in all aspects of pet care and ownership. We are constantly keeping up with the newest medicines, diagnostics, and research to stay up to date with patient care and continue our mission of providing exceptional medical care.
Our Core Values:
Our Team Members
Bixby Animal Clinic is a rapidly growing, small animal private practice located in sunny Southern California. With 8 DVMs practicing at our group and the support of over 50 technical staff and client care representatives, we ensure that both our patients, and their owners, receive the best care available.
New graduates are especially welcome to apply, and we offer ample opportunities for mentorship.
You’ll have the freedom that a private practice offers to practice medicine the way you want, while having the backing of experienced DVM colleagues as you pursue professional growth.
With our well-established client base, Veterinarians with 2 or more years of experience will have the opportunity to see a wide variety of cases and continue to build their expertise.
In addition, we have made a significant investment in our team members so you can focus on delivering the highest quality medicine. Our RVTs, Vet Assistants, Doctor’s Assistants, and Pharmacy Technicians are dedicated to our mission of providing excellent patient outcomes.
· A new, 6600 sq. ft. state of the art clinic, with 8 exam rooms, 2 surgery suites, ICU, isolation, radiology, doctors’ and administrative offices
· Digital full-body radiography and digital dental radiography
· In-house lab with Idexx Catalyst, SnapPro, Abaxis PTPTT, and CBC machines
· Full suite of dental equipment
· Cold laser
· In-house and online pharmacy
· Paperless records management supported by an upgraded IT network infrastructure
· Competitive salary based on experience
· Quarterly production pay that’s above industry-average
· Flexible 4-day work week
· Generous PTO
· Annual allowance for CE
· Paid dues and licensing fees for AVMA, DEA, and VMB
· Professional liability insurance
· Covered Health & Life Insurance; optional Dental & Vision
· 401k with match
· Personal pet discounts
Your Skills and Qualifications
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
· Valid license to practice in California, prior to start date
· Commitment to practicing medicine in accordance with CA VMB standards and veterinary medical ethics
· Exemplary behavior in all matters of hospital leadership
· Delivering timely, comprehensive medical care to patients
· Partnering with clients to advocate for the long-term wellness of their pets and developing treatment plans to achieve lifelong health
· Dedication to Our Mission and Core Values
**Your Future is Our Future. We invite you to be a part of our growth.**