Since 1993, Broadreach has created exceptional, small group learning experiences that inspire and empower students to find potential in the world through hands-on exploration. Broadreach veterinary medicine courses combine a college curriculum with adventure to create dynamic learning experiences. High school students can earn college credit while traveling with a small group of peers to Costa Rica. Students participate in lectures, discussions, field work and lab training, as well as activities that build leadership and teamwork. Our goal is that students gain new skills, new friends and have more fun learning than they ever thought possible. Broadreach Instructors are expected
to educate, mentor and inspire students everyday. This is a 24/7 position with limited free-time or personal space.
Broadreach Instructors also need to be energetic and empathetic role models who excel in building meaningful relationships with young adults. Managing health and safety, maintaining a positive attitude through challenging circumstances, leading games, participating in service learning activities, teaching, developing students’ personal growth, facilitating inclusive group dynamics and demonstrating respectful travel are just a few of the many responsibilities of a Broadreach Instructor.
Broadreach Study Abroad Adventures are fun, rewarding and demanding. Each course is approximately three weeks long and is mentally and physically challenging. Our most successful instructors are positive, flexible, team players who are able to create a fun, cohesive and supportive community. Groups typically have 8 – 12 students and two Broadreach Instructors. Contracts range from three to eight weeks from early June through mid-August. If you’re looking for a veterinary summer job, consider submitting an application!
Broadreach is located in Raleigh, NC and leads summer programs for teens in Costa Rica.
Qualifications for our veterinary summer jobs
● DVM or master’s degree in animal science or a related field of study.
● Ability to teach a college level science course using experiential education methodologies, hands-on activities and demonstrations, including but not limited to pre-op and post-op procedures. All curriculum materials are provided.
● Experience facilitating a group of young adults and positive group dynamics.
● A passion for mentoring and inspiring students.
● Physically fit and able to participate in adventure activities such as hiking, rafting, etc.
● Strong organizational and multitasking skills to help manage program expenses, a budget, student
documents and logistics.
● Demonstrated success working on diverse teams with a collaborative mindset.
● Great communication skills.
● International travel experience preferred.
● Able to attend Broadreach instructor training June 3-11, 2022.
● Availability from early June to mid-August preferred. One session contracts will be considered:
○ First session: June 18 – July 11, 2022
○ Second session: July 13 – August 5, 2022
submitt an application on https://www.gobroadreach.com/jobs/