Dalan Animal Health is a biotech company developing novel solutions to protect beneficial insects from diseases. We are pioneering the development of vaccines for honeybees. We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our team and help us achieve our goals to become the leader in insect health.
Dalan Animal Health is headquartered in downtown Athens, GA.
Dalan Animal Health is seeking Fermentation Technicians with a passion to join our R&D Process Development team located in Athens, GA. The role will be a part of our growing R&D team focused on the development of invertebrate vaccines and therapeutics. As a young start-up, Dalan’s position offers ample room for growth and development.
• Execute fermentations and participate in activities directly related to different aspects of process development and industrialization of vaccine
• Perform a variety of experimental tasks in a vaccine research setting
• Train and provide instructions for junior fermentation technicians
• Contribute to the development of critical process for vaccine development and manufacturing.
• Ensure data entry into lab notebooks and batch records
• Maintain daily operations (lab, equipment, active ingredients, inventory, etc.)
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Provide experiment coverage, as needed, on evenings and, occasionally, weekends
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in biology, microbiology, or related fields
• 3+ years laboratory experience and/or manufacturing experience preferred
• Must have experience with fermentation, bioreactor and/or cell culture
• Understand Good Laboratory and Manufacturing Practice (GLP/GMP)
• Strong aseptic technique and familiar with laboratory operations and equipment
• Strong attention to detail to produce accurate; precise; and reproducible data
• Experience with data entry and dealing with data sets
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction
• Full time
• Staff; Exempt position
• This role is based in Athens, GA.
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K. Paid time off, paid sick and family leave