Eagle’s Nest Animal Hospital – Associate Veterinarians- 100k base, fun atmosphere, strong mentorship
Eagle's Nest Animal Hospital
Posted On: January 13, 2022
Job Type: Veterinarian
Work Type: Small Animal Only
Business Name: Eagle's Nest Animal Hospital
City: King George
Start Date: 2021-07-29
Contact Name: Heather Eliason
Contact Phone: (540) 775-6800
The community has responded, and our growth means we need more veterinarians! Fortunately, our brand new 8,500 sq. ft. modern animal hospital will be ready in June and that is why we need you! Are you a talented and passionate individual who has a desire to help pets and people? Are you looking for a fulfilling career in a small animal practice that provides great work-life balance and the opportunity for growth?
Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced veterinarian, a new beginning with us means a chance to do what you dreamed of doing. Eagle’s Nest Animal Hospital offers a place for you to learn, grow, and thrive as a veterinarian. We have openings for both full-time or part-time Associate Veterinarians.
What we offer.
As a non-corporate animal hospital, we will give you the support you need, a challenging case load, and the freedom to practice high-quality medicine as you see fit. No cookie cutter medicine or inability to provide pro bono care if needed. If you’re a new graduate, we know that your first years will shape the kind of veterinarian you become. For early-career veterinarians, this also means we place an emphasis on mentorship and value being a partner in your growth and development. If you’re an experienced veterinarian, you know the influence the kind of practice you work for has in your life. We place an emphasis on helping you succeed and supporting your career goals.
We employ a large support staff comprised of nice, fun, and hardworking animal care professionals that enable our veterinarians to put their time and energy into what they do best. Our staff makes even the toughest days easier. Not only does our hospital flourish under this collaborative and supportive environment, but our commitment to a high standard of care seamlessly leads to providing our patients with the best care possible. All this teamwork means that our clients get fantastic service which keeps them happy and aids in their compliance, talk about a win-win!
Work. Live. Play.
At Eagle’s Nest, we want you to take full advantage of work and play. People often ask, what is life like in the Northern Neck? And we tell them, it is awesome! Working at Eagle’s Nest allows you to take advantage of all the best parts of Northern Virginia with none of the hassle. No hours upon hours of DC commuter traffic, no high cost of living, but most of the perks of city life. King George is located between the Rappahannock and Potomac rivers and offers fantastic opportunities for boating, fishing, and water sports. We are close to outstanding shopping, restaurants, vineyards, breweries, historic towns, and the great outdoors. Colonial Beach is a short 20-minute drive and offers the second largest beachfront in the state! If sand isn’t your thing, don’t worry. The Northern Neck is also home to dozens of parks that offer everything from leisure and sports to hiking and camping. If you happen to be an equestrian enthusiast, there is also a robust community of boarding, riding, and training facilities.
Benefits Quick Facts:
• Salary New Graduates: Above industry average starting base $100,000 + $10,000 move/sign-on bonus *full-time
• Salary Established Veterinarians: Production based $120,000 – $180,000 + $10,000 move/sign-on (last year a third-year associate made $160,000!)
• Future practice buy-in options for veterinarians who demonstrate commitment to outstanding care and leadership
• Liberal paid time off
• High staff-to-vet ratio
• Medical, dental, and vision for you and eligible dependents
• Platinum tier health insurance
• Family leave
• Liability, workers compensation, AD&D, license defense, and malpractice insurance
• A variety of other benefits such as: one paid car inspection, two $50 allowances for oil changes, paid co-pays for blood work, complimentary vitamin D, and more
• The ability to bring your dog to work (provided he or she gets along with the other dogs)
• Personal development plan
• Practice-paid continuing education opportunities, including comfortable travel and meals
• VIN membership and other veterinary networking opportunities
• Journal subscriptions
Medical Resources and Equipment:
Our new 8,500 sq ft modern animal hospital features separate canine and feline sides, as well as, curbside and drop-off services. Eagle’s Nest offers: Internal Medicine, General Surgery, some Orthopedic Surgery, Dentistry, Theriogenology, Oncology, and Acupuncture. The average daily caseload is about 60 (predominantly canine and feline).
• Electronic Records (user friendly software)
• Full Digital X-ray (upgraded sensor and software 2020, gives fantastic images) (Not CR)
• Heska in-house lab equipment (chemistry, hematology, endocrinology, EPOC)
• Ultrasound – Doppler (planning to upgrade 2021)
• Well-equipped surgery suite
We strive to provide the best customer service possible which means continuing to improve our standards of care. Our goals for 2021 include becoming an AAHA accredited and FearFree certified practice.
The time is today!
Life is too short to be a cog in a corporate machine. Contact us to schedule a visit and see what it is like to work in an animal hospital where you are valued, appreciated, and given the support you need. We can’t wait to hear from you!