Emancipet is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that provides free/low cost veterinary care in communities that traditionally lack access. Born a little over 20 years ago, we know that people love their pets and will do everything they can when given the opportunity, and sadly, veterinary care can be cost prohibitive for many. Last year, between our 7 brick and mortar and 2 mobile units, we saw over 230,000 dogs and cats. We currently have veterinary clinics in Austin, Houston, and Philadelphia, and are in the process of opening up two more clinics now (the new ones are actually inside PetSmart stores!). Our doctors provide high quality, high volume services ranging from our healthy pet services walk-in clinics to high volume spay and neuter surgeries. Some of our locations provide dentals and other special surgeries. One thing that makes Emancipet different from many other low cost places is that we provide a judgement-free space for all of our clients, ensuring that no one ever feels unwelcome.
I’m reaching out with hopes that you might be able to disseminate some of the job postings to your soon-to-be graduating students. Our vets love working with us for a lot of reasons, but some of the major reasons are:
• Our doctors never have to turn a pet away for lack of funds;
• Our prices are transparent and affordable;
• Because we are a nonprofit, all employees are eligible for the 10-year student loan forgiveness plan;
• We have great work/life balance with doctors working either 3 or 4 days per week and never over 40 hours; and
• We have a full benefits package (medical, dental, and vision) and we are in the process of rolling out our retirement plan (yay!).
We are actively hiring for our new clinics in Houston and Philadelphia and have a few openings in our 7 existing clinics in Austin. We truly appreciate your help!