Recent and new graduates are welcome! We are seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated, personable veterinarian to join our practice located in historic Batavia, Ohio. We love what we do and are ready to share our practice with someone who is looking for a place to grow. You will be working with two DVMs, both of whom graduated from OSU Veterinary College in 2000. This is a full-time position, progressing toward future buy-in of our family-owned practice.
As a companion animal practice, (with some pocket pet work), our practice opened in 2004. We have earned a reputation of excellence in veterinary medical and surgical care. We believe in a culture of learning, respect and compassion, and will provide a mentoring atmosphere. We are a fully staffed practice, providing high-quality veterinary medicine. We emphasize client education and disease prevention.
We are willing to develop new areas of care and will support interests we are currently not serving. We have up to date medical and surgical equipment such as digital dental radiography, dental unit with high and low speed hand pieces, portable ultrasound, therapy laser, digital radiography, in house laboratory/chemistry analyzer, and more. Our region is supported by multiple emergency/specialist care hospitals available 24 hours a day, seven days per week, therefore no middle of the night emergency is required.
Summary of Responsibilities
• Perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
• Perform routine, elective, and emergency surgeries
• Develop a rapport with clients by gathering pertinent information and listening to and empathizing with their concerns
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis or list of diagnoses of the patient’s illness/condition; generate and present a treatment plan for the patient to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products
• Maintain client/patient medical and surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of patients
• Ensure quality care and environment for both staff and clients
• Guide and utilize exceptional support staff
• Maintain a positive work environment and promote teamwork
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend continuing education meetings.
• A doctorate in veterinary medicine from an accredited college is required
• DEA certification and USDA accreditation are a plus but not required
• Licensure or ability to be licensed in the state of Ohio
• Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics
• Demonstrated passion for patient care and client service
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to build and maintain current and prospective client relationships
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail is a must
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet goals and objectives
Family Animal Hospital is located approximately 20 miles from downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. Batavia is on Ohio State Route 32, also known as the Appalachian Highway, a major east–west highway that connects Interstate 275 and the Cincinnati area to the rural counties of Southern Ohio. There is no shortage of things to do in Cincinnati. Families enjoy the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens, the Cincinnati Museum Center and the Newport Aquarium, which is just over the Ohio River in Kentucky. The metro area’s northern suburbs boast attractions like Kings Island and Great Wolf Lodge. Meanwhile, the area’s breweries are a nod to Cincinnati’s German heritage. MadTree Brewing, Fifty West Brewing Company and Moerlein Lager House are just a few places to enjoy local beer. Arts and entertainment venues include parks with free concerts, shows at historic Music Hall and live performances at Riverbend Music Center. Cincinnatians are loyal to their sports teams, FC Cincinnati, Cincinnati Bengals and the Cincinnati Reds. There is a friendly rivalry between teams at Xavier University and the University of Cincinnati. Something for everyone!