Would you like to earn a competitive salary while making a difference in the lives of animals? Do you have a vision to see that all animals are treated humanely regardless of their financial circumstances? Come join us!!
Paw Project of Georgia, Inc. (Paw Project) is looking for a LEAD VETERINARIAN. Salary is negotiable and based on experience.
Paw Project is a non-profit, small animal practice, located in Lawrenceville, GA. We focus on providing quality, compassionate, low-cost wellness care for our patients, and developing long-lasting relationships with the owners who love them. We will also provide TNR, working cat and adoption services. We believe hiring doctors with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures, permits us to deliver to the highest quality of care for each pet and client.
We are seeking a full-time lead veterinarian to work 5 days a week. The position requires the ability to empathize with clients and show compassion in action and words. Applicant must excel in case management, record keeping, client communication, professional in demeanor and appearance, comfortable and willing to mentor and train staff, strive to better the practice, be a team player, excellent interpersonal skills, positive friendly attitude, the ability to make decisions and communicate effectively with fellow team members.
Salary negotiable based on experience and benefits package.
● Opportunity for student loan forgiveness with non-profit service
● Allowance for licenses, dues, continuing education, etc.…
● Practice in accordance with state practice act and principles of veterinary medical ethics
● Leverage evidence-based medicine and continue pursuit of education to deliver quality patient care.
● Adopt and positively impact new veterinary standards and guidelines
● Deliver medical treatments with formulary approved pharmaceuticals, supplies, and equipment
● Partner with clients as an advocate for the pet to plan follow-up visits, provide home-care instructions, and education to ensure the lifelong health of their pets
● Maintain relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of practice systems
● Foster an effective veterinary support team by communicating medical standards, ethical practices, and your veterinary knowledge and experience
● Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) or equivalent degree required
● DEA license required
● State Veterinary Board License and must be in good standing for the state in which they intend to be hired, prior to their start date.
● A State Controlled Substance (SCS) License may be required by the state in which you intend to work. If you do not already hold an SCS, Paw Project encourages you to obtain this license after your start date as the practice will reimburse this cost.
● Once you obtain your DEA License, Paw Project will fully reimburse the cost
● New associates will be required to take their state USDA Accreditation class by the time they reach the 12-week mark from their hire date.
Paw Project strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Paw Project is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.