Pet Community Center envisions a world where high-quality veterinary care is accessible and affordable to all animals and families in our community. We envision a future where all pets are happy, healthy, and cared for by people whose lives they enrich. With more than 50% of all surgeries and services subsidized, our services help vulnerable pets and loving families in underserved communities.
Since 2011, we have spayed/neutered 54,000 animals and provided low- to no-cost vaccinations to nearly 60,000 pets. To help us continue transforming veterinary care in Middle Tennessee, Pet Community Center is searching for a compassionate, dynamic veterinarian to provide both strategic vision and hands-on leadership for our high-quality, high-volume (HQHV) spay/neuter practice as well as our wellness program, both of which serve thousands of pets and families each year.
Let’s talk about what makes this role special!
– Earn a competitive salary in a nonprofit setting: We offer competitive compensation, in a meaningful environment, based on experience, along with full benefits and $2,000 for continuing professional education
– Enjoy a flexible schedule: Our clinic is open four days a week (Monday-Thursday), with the average day going from 7:30AM to 4:30PM.
– Lead meaningful change: Empower your vision for making high-quality vet care more accessible, affordable, and equitable by working with a team of compassionate veterinarians, technicians, clinicians, and team leaders.
– Learn new skills or sharpen existing ones: PCC is a HQHV spay/neuter clinic, and you’ll receive any training you may need; these are surgical skills you’ll carry with you for the rest of your career.
– Perform surgery, administer vaccinations, and offer coaching: Our lead veterinarian works collaboratively with our associate veterinarian and relief veterinarians to determine our weekly surgery/wellness clinic schedule, as well as provides strategic vision and coaching for our medical program
– Practice in our beautiful new clinic: PCC just moved into the Phran Galante Center for Pet Wellness, a 5,400 square foot facility that’s conveniently located to the airport, Donelson, South Nashville, and downtown.
Let’s talk benefits:
– Competitive salary based on experience
– 7 Paid Holidays, plus the week between Christmas and New Year
– 120 Hours of Accrued PTO
– Uniform allowance
– $2,000 continuing education (CE) budget, 5 days of paid leave for CE annually
– Competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
– Licensure reimbursement for DEA, AVAM, and TVMA
– Possible eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness with the potential to eliminate student loans
What are the requirements:
– Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree
– Current TN veterinary license and DEA license (or ability to obtain one)
– APHIS Accreditation (or the ability to obtain)
– Management experience in a clinic, hospital or shelter
– Personal values that align with our core values of Compassion, Quality, Trust, and Community