Opportunities to join a growing organization nationwide. Now hiring in the following states:
• New Jersey
• New York
• Rhode Island
The purpose of this patient-focused Veterinarian position inherently involves providing excellent veterinary care to our Vetco Total Care full-service hospital patients and phenomenal customer care to their owners. The Veterinarian represents the mission and values to all clients. Our Veterinarian sets the tone within the technical and customer support staff in the hospital, and is responsible, like all team members, for fostering cohesion and motivation within the team.
Required Skill Set
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from an AVMA-accredited veterinary school or its equivalent.
• Active licensure as a veterinarian without contingencies in the state in which the hospital is located or ability to obtain by start date.
• Current DEA license or ability to obtain by start date.
• Current Controlled Substance License, if applicable, in state in which the hospital is located or ability to obtain by start date.
• USDA Category I Accreditation or completion within two months of hire date.
• Must be comfortable performing anesthesia and routine surgeries including but not limited to: canine and feline spays, neuters, mass removals, and dentals.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be compassionate and sympathetic and be able to maintain a professional attitude and demeanor during emotional and stressful situations.
• Must have telephone and computer skills.
• Must be a team player willing to learn new techniques and treatments, offer creative ideas, and accept change.
How to Apply
Email resume to [email protected] or visit petco.com/vetservices.