Seeking Veterinarians in Greater Boston, MA area
Vetco Total Care
Posted On: April 5, 2021
Job Type: Veterinarian
Work Type: Small Animal Only
Business Name: Vetco Total Care
Start Date: 04/12/2021
Salary: Depends on Experience
Contact Name: Lindsay Cropper
Contact Phone: (858) 692-8904
Seeking veterinarians for our new full-service Vetco Total Care hospital location in Saugus, MA. This general practice hospital is located inside of our Petco store.
We also have current/future in Massachusetts including: Medford, Hingham, Plymouth, Auburn, Shrewsbury, and Mansfield.
Other positions (contact for more details and availability):
Hospital Medical Leader: Are you looking for career growth? We are seeking Hospital Medical Leaders in Pennsylvania to lead the hospital veterinary team in providing excellent veterinary care!
Exotic Veterinarian: Do you enjoy working with exotic patients? We also have roles in our hospitals for veterinarians interested in patient caseload of 25% exotic and 75% companion animal (dogs/cats) while growing the exotic caseload for the practice.
Some of our full-time benefits include:
•Work-Life Balance (no emergency, on-calls or overnights)
•Competitive Salary plus Bonus
•Medical, Dental and Vision and 401k with Match
•Open Time Off
•Paid Parental Leave
•Signing Bonus Eligible
•$3,500 Annual Discretionary Stipend (licenses, CE, memberships)
•Paid DEA license
•Petco Store and Hospital Discounts
Practice in a State-of-the-Art Hospital:
•4 exam rooms and large treatment area
•Digital Dental X-ray
•In-house lab and diagnostics
Patient-Focused Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Perform routine and complex surgical procedures including (but not limited): spays/neuters, abdominal exploratory and mass removals.
• Perform routine and complex dental procedures including full dental examination, evaluation of dental radiographs, as well as simple and complex extractions and oral surgical procedures
• Develop treatment plans for patients undergoing day hospitalization based on complete problem-based assessment. Transition patients to overnight care as needed and communicate effectively with referral hospitals in order to ensure continuity of patient care
Requirements and Licensure
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from an AVMA accredited veterinary school or its equivalent
• Active licensure as a veterinarian without contingencies in the state in which the hospital is located or ability to obtain by state date
• Current DEA license
• Current Controlled Substance License, if applicable, in state in which the hospital is located or ability to obtain by start date
• USDA Category I Accreditation or completion within two months of hire date
• Must be comfortable performing anesthesia and routine surgeries including but not limited to: canine and feline spays, neuters, mass removals and dentals
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.