Veterinarian-Small Animal Private Practice
Driftwood Animal Hospital
Posted On: April 5, 2021
Job Type: Veterinarian
Work Type: Small Animal Only
Business Name: Driftwood Animal Hospital
City: Daytona Beach
Contact Name: Dr. Kyle Wolfersteig
Veterinarian-Small Animal Private Practice
● Well established animal hospital in the community for nearly 60 years
● Opportunity to practice impactful medicine while forming lasting relationships with our pet
● Competitive compensation while maintaining a work life balance
At Driftwood Animal Hospital we are the neighborhood veterinarian. Through dedication from our veterinarians and our staff we have gained the trust of our community. Practicing quality medicine and building relationships with our pet families has allowed us to grow into a position to welcome you as a new team member on our continued journey.
For nearly 60 years Driftwood Animal Hospital has been serving the Greater Daytona Beach Area. From the beginning we have focused on providing quality medical care for pets, but also forming lasting relationships with our pet families that have spanned multiple generations. We have a capable and loyal support staff. The majority of our staff have been employed with us for over three years with multiple staff having been with us for over ten years. With the support
of our current veterinarians, quality staff, and diagnostic technology we are a great place for you to continue your career or to begin your journey as a veterinarian.
About this Role
As a veterinarian you are well aware of your role in providing care to pets on a day-to-day basis. Below are some important qualities and skills we are looking for at Driftwood Animal Hospital:
● The ability to examine, diagnose, and treatment plan in an efficient manner
● Communicate effectively and empathetically with a wide range of clientele
● Competency in basic soft tissue surgery and dentistry, with orthopedic surgery skills a plus
● Working in collaboration with your veterinary team and staff
Your resume and skills are very important to your role as a veterinarian at Driftwood Animal Hospital. In addition to those skills the following qualities are very important to us:
● Ability to form lasting relationships with our pet families
● An openness to continue to learn and grow your knowledge and expertise
● The ability to lead and develop an area of interest within our hospital if the opportunity arises
● Be able to work independently, but know your limitations and when to ask for help
● Challenging days happen, but you should have the ability to respond positively and professionally
● Work well within a team structure.
The Daytona Beach Area offers a truly unique place to live, work and play. Minutes from Florida’s beautiful beaches and conveniently located near the region’s major metropolitan areas (Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa, and Miami) there are plenty of opportunities to experience nature, sporting events, cultural events, and attractions. Combine that with our year round great weather and a reasonable cost of living, The Daytona Beach Area could be just the place you have been looking for!
In an effort to attract talented veterinarians like you, we can offer a flexible and negotiable compensation package based on your experience and potential. Typically this will include:
● A base salary in the range of $85,000-$115,000 that reflects your abilities and potential
● Three weeks paid time off
● One week paid time off for Continuing Education along with a stipend for Continuing Education expenses to assist with your career growth
● Paid Professional License fees and Professional Membership dues
● Paid Professional Liability Insurance
● No on call or Emergency hours
● Employee Pet Discounts
We understand that compensation and benefit packages are not one size fits all. We are happy to discuss other compensation options that may better suit your needs as we work through the hiring process together.
It’s Time to Apply!
We believe that Driftwood Animal Hospital is a unique opportunity for new and seasoned veterinarians alike. We look forward to you taking advantage of this unique opportunity in your career and joining our team!
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to Dr. Kyle Wolfersteig