Welcome To The Department of Veterinary Pathology
Pathology is the study of the process of disease, and so plays a role in every aspect of health and medicine. Our expertise is wide and our roles are diverse.
We can be found at the microscope consulting with clinicians about diagnostic changes we see in tissues or cells of an ailing dog. We can be found in the field dissecting a dead cow or pig, in order to find the cause of death and help the farmer protect the rest of the herd. We can be found in the laboratory, performing experiments to further the understand disease and develop preventions or cures. And we can be found in the classroom, introducing veterinary students to the concepts of disease, and facilitating their foundational understanding of mechanisms of disease.
Our faculty and students work with species of all varieties - fin, feather, and fur. They study a huge variety of diseases – infectious, environmental, toxic, and neoplastic. And they often do their work in locations all over the world.
We are proud of what we do. Please take some time to explore our variety and our great big family of pathologists.
Points Of Pride
- Congratulations to Drs. Abigail Armwood, Alyssa Brooker, Danielle Lieske and Lucia Garcia-Camacho for passing Phase I of the ACVP board examination.
- Congratulations to Dr. Elizabeth Uhl for her promotion to Full Professor.
- Congratulations to Dr. Paula Krimer-Rollison for her promotion to Full Professor.
- Congratulations to Dr. K. Paige Carmichael for receiving the 2019 President's Fulfilling the Dream Award.
- Congratulations to our former residents Drs. Shannon Kirejczyk, Anna Kokosinska, Brittany McHale and Bridgette Wells for passing the ACVP Board Examination!
Contact UsUniversity of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine
Department of Pathology
501 D.W. Brooks Drive
Athens, Georgia 30602
Graduate Coordinator's Assistant