DVM, MRCVS, DACVP
Anatomic Pathology - TVDIL
- Anatomic Pathology Residency, University of Florida, College of Veterinary Medicine, 2010
- DVM, University of Missouri, College of Veterinary Medicine, 2007
- Bachelor of Science in Zoology and Entomology, The Ohio State University, 2003
- VPAT 8000 – Histopathology Seminar, Periodic Instructor - University of Georgia, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Pathology training to visiting veterinary students and veterinarians at the TVDIL
- Southeastern Veterinary Pathology Conference (SEVPAC), Conference Coordinator
- Diagnostic pathology, tumor biology, and infectious disease.
- Woldemeskel M, Hawkins I. First report of vascular invasion by demodex mites with thrombi and dissemination to visceral lymph nodes in a dog. Veterinary Parasitology. 2017) 236: 93-96.
- Bisson J, Van den Steen N, Hawkins I, Cian F, Tappin, S. Mediastinal histiocytic sarcoma with abdominal metastasis in a Somali cat. Veterinary Record (accepted for publication February 2016).
- Hawkins I, Ilha M. Mycoplasma bronchopneumonia in two cows. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association (accepted for publication 2015).
- Holm LP, Hawkins I, Robin C, Newton RJ, Jepson R, Stanzani G, McMahon LA, Pesavento P, Carr T, Cogan T, Couto CG, Cianciolo R, Walker DJ. Cutaneous and Renal Glomerular Vasculopathy as a Cause of Acute Kidney Injury in Dogs in the U.K. Veterinary Record. (2015) 176:384. Doi:10.1136/vr.102892.
- Walker D, Holm L, Hawkins I, and Cianciolo R, Suspected Idiopathic Cutaneous and Renal Glomerular Vasculopathy In Dogs. Letters – Canine Health, Veterinary Record. (2014) 174 (5):124. Doi: 10.1136/vr.g1174.
- Short M, Clark C, Harvey J, Wenzlow N, Hawkins I, Allred D, Knowles D, Bunn T, Hennager S, Kitchen D, Traub-Dargatz, J. Review of the Equine Piroplasmosis Outbreak in Florida, 2008. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, (2012), 240 (5): 588-595.
- Additional publications by Dr. Hawkins may be found on PubMed.