DVM, PhD, DACVP
Anatomic Pathology - TVDIL
- Training Veterinary Pathology
- Training Pathology Residents
- Pathology seminar to Residents
- Training Pathology Externs (Senior Veterinary Student)
- Dr. Woldemeskel is a member of editorial board of several professional scientific journals and serves as an ad-hoc reviewer for many other national and international journals.
- Associate Professor of Pathology, Department of Pathology, Tifton Veterinary Diagnostic & Investigational Laboratory
- Tumor biology with particular reference to neoplasm angiogenesis
- Respiratory diseases of infectious origin
- Tropical diseases of ruminants
- Nephropathy in animals
- Woldemeskel M, Hawkins I. First report of vascular invasion of demodex mites with thrombi and dissemination to visceral lymph nodes in a dog. Vet Parasitol. 236: 93-96, 2107.
- Woldemeskel M, Anita Merrill, and Cindy Brown. Significance of cytological smear evaluation in diagnosis of splenic mast cell tumor-associated systemic mastocytosis in a cat (Felis catus). Can Vet J, 58(3):293-295, 2017.
- Woldemeskel M and Stephanie Wascher. Uterine T-cell lymphoma in an Irish wolfhound dog. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 250 (2):179-181, 2017.
- Woldemeskel, M, Subcutaneous sparganosis, a zoonotic cestodiasis, in two cats. (Front Page Cover of JVDI) J Vet Diagn Invest, 26 (2):316-319, 2014. >li> Woldemeskel, M, J. T. Saliki, Uriel Blas-Machado and L.Whittington. Mast cells in Canine parvovirus-2-associated enteritis with crypt abscess. Vet Pathol 50 (6): 989-993, 2013.
- Sreekumari Rajeev, Woldemeskel M, and Scott Westmoreland. Leptospirosis in a dog. Pathology in practice, J. Am. Vet. Med. Ass. (JAVMA), 240 (8): 957-959, 2012.
- Sheela Ramamoorthy, Woldemeskel M, Alan Ligett, Ron Snider, Robert Cobb, and Sreekumari Rajeev. Brucella suis Infection in Dogs, Georgia, USA. Letter, Emerging Infectious Diseases; 17 (12): 2386-2387, December 2011.
- Woldemeskel, M, Alan Liggett, Marcia Ilha, Jeremiah, T. Saliki, Leslie P. Johnson. Canine parvovirus-2b–associated erythema multiforme in a litter of English Setter dogs. J. Vet. Diagn. Invest. Vol. 23, (3): 576-580, 2011.
- Marcia Ilha, Sreekumari Rajeev, Cindy Waston, Woldemeskel, M. Mycoplasma edwardii meningoencephalitis in a dog. J. Vet. Diagn. Invest. 22: 805-808, 2010.
- Woldemeskel, M, and Sreekumari, Rajeev. Mast cells in canine cutaneous hemangioma, hemangiosarcoma and mammary tumors. Vet. Res. Comm. 34: 153-160, 2010.
- Woldemeskel, M, and M. Tibbo. Pulmonary Adenomatosis and Maedi-Visna in Ethiopian central highland sheep: A microscopic study. Trop. Anim. Health Prod. 42(5):995-9, 2009.
- Tibbo, M., M. Woldemeskel, Aragaw, K. and Rege, J.E.O. Serum enzyme levels and influencing factors in three indigenous Ethiopian sheep breeds. Comp. Clin. Pathol. 17(3): 149-155, 2008.
- Weisman J.L., M. Woldemeskel, K.D. Smith, A. Merrill and D.L. Miller. Blood smear from a pregnant feline that died shortly after partial abortion. Vet. Clin. Pathol. 36 (2): 209-211, 2007.
- Abalti, A., M. Bekana, M. Woldemeskel and F. Lobago. Female genital tract abnormalities of zebu cattle slaughtered at Bahr-Dar town North-West Ethiopia. Trop. Anim. Health Prod. 38: 505–510, 2006.
- Schulz, T.W., J.Y. Yarbrough and M. Woldemeskel. Toxicity to Tetrahymena and abiotic thiol reactivity of aromatic Isothiocyanates. J. Cell Biol. Toxicol. 21: 181-189, 2005.
- Tadesse, S., M. Woldemeskel, B. Molla, M. Tibbo, D. Kidane, G. Medhin and S. Britton. Avian mycobacteriosis in domestic chickens from selected agro-climatic regions in Ethiopia. Int. J. Appl. Res. Vet. Med. 1(1): 17-25, 2004.
- Tadesse S., M. Woldemeskel, G. Medhin, Tibbo, M., Molla, B., Abate, G. and Britton, S. T-cell responses to Mycobacterium avium PPD antigens in gastro-intestinal helminth co-infected chickens in Central Ethiopia. J. Imunoass. Immunochem. 24 (1): 57-72, 2003.
- Tibbo M., E. Mukasa-Mugerwa, M. Woldemeskel, Rege J.E. Risk factors for mortality associated with respiratory disease among Menz and Horro sheep in Ethiopia. The Vet. J. 165 (3): 276-287, 2003.
- Woldemeskel, M, W. Drommer, and M .Wendt. Microscopic and ultrastructural lesions of the ureter and renal pelvis in sows with regard to Actinobaculum suis infection. J. Vet. Med. A. 49 (7): 348-352, 2002.
- Woldemeskel, M, A. Tegegne, N.N. Umunna, Kaitho R.J., Tamminga S. Effects of Leucaena pallida and Sesbania sesban supplementation on testicular histology of tropical sheep and goats. Anim. Reprod. Sci. 67 (3-4): 253-265, 2001.
- Woldemeskel, M. Dermatophilosis: a threat to livestock production in Ethiopia. Deut. Tierarztl. Woch. 107 (4): 144-146, 2000.
- Berhanu D. and M. Woldemeskel. Bovine dermatophilosis and its influencing factors in central Ethiopia. J. Vet. Med. A. 46 (10): 593-597, 1999.
- Woldemeskel, M, W. Drommer, and M. Wendt. Histology and ultrastructure of the urothelium lining the ureter and the renal pelvis in sows. Anat. Histol. Embryol. 27 (1): 51-55, 1998.
- Woldemeskel, M, and F. Gebreab. Prevalence of sarcocystis in livestock of Northwest Ethiopia J. Vet. Med. B. 43 (1): 55-58, 1996.
- Additional publications by Dr. Woldemeskel may be found at PubMed.