DVM, PhD, DACVP
Clinical Pathology - AVDL
- PhD (1985), Veterinary Pathology, University of Georgia
- DVM (1980), Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota
Dermatopathology and infectious agents microscopic pathology and special diseases for graduate students and residents.
- VPAT 8100 and 8110
Diagnostic Oncology. Epithelial tumors of skin to graduate students and residents.
Pathology of skin disease to dermatology residents and dermatologists. These residents are required to receive dermatopathology training to be board eligible.
- Dermatopathology rounds
- Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation, board member, Current
- Clinical Pathology, Section editor and reviewer, 2004 - 2008
- Northrup NC, Harmon BG, Gieger TL, Brown CA, Carmichael KP, Garcia AP, Latimer KS, Munday JS, Rakich PM, Richey LJ, Stedman NL, Cheng AL, Howerth EW: Variation among pathologists in histologic grading of canine cutaneous mast cell tumors. J Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation 17(3):245-8, 2005.
- Rakich PM, Grooters AM, Tang K-N: Gastrointestinal pythiosis in two cats. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation 17:263-270, 2005.
- Sand MA, Latimer KS, Gregory CR, Rakich PM, Jacobson E, Pennick KE: Molecular diagnosis of paramyxovirus infection in snakes using reverse transcriptase – polymerase chain reaction and complementary deoxyribonucleic acid: ribonucleic acid in situ hybridization. J Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation 16:442-448, 2004.
- Latimer KS, Rakich PM, Weiss R: Thymoma in a finch. Journal of Avian Medicine and Surgery 15:37-39, 2001.
Chapters in Books
- Ginn PE, Mansell JL, Rakich PM: The skin and appendages. In: Jubb KVF, Kennedy PC, Palmer N(eds), Pathology of Domestic Animals (5th edn). Academic Press, Inc., New York (2007), volume 1, pp 553-781.
- Latimer KS, Rakich PM. Avian Cytology. Veterinary Clinics of North America/Exotic Animal Practice 10 (2007), pp 131-154.
- Rakich PM, Latimer KS. Cytologic Diagnosis of Diseases of Ferrets. Veterinary Clinics of North America/Exotic Animal Practice 10 (2007), pp 61-78.
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians
- American College of Veterinary Pathologists
- American Society for Veterinary Clinical Pathology
- American Academy of Veterinary Dermatology
- International Society for Veterinary Dermatopathology
Additional publications by Dr. Rakich may be found at PubMed.