Diabetes Clinic, Small Animal Internal Medicine Service, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, Veterinary Teaching Hospital
Clinical Associate Professor
Investigating factors that contribute to the development of diabetes mellitus, and identifying preventative strategies or reparative therapies for its management. Additionally, testing the utility of novel glycemic monitoring devices in the management of diabetic patients and other disease conditions, which impact endocrine homeostasis.
- Residency, Department of Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, University of Georgia (2010-2013)
- Internship, Department of Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, University of Georgia (2009-2010)
- DVM, Texas A&M University – Veterinary Medicine (2009)
- BS, Texas A&M University – Biomedical Sciences (2005)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Purdue University (2013-2014)
- Relief Veterinarian, South Mesquite Veterinary Hospital (2009)
- Bugbee A, Smith JR, Ward CR. The effect of dexamethasone or synthetic ACTH on endogenous ACTH concentrations in healthy dogs. American Journal of Veterinary Research. 74(11): Forthcoming November 2013.
- Camus M, Cazinni P, Brown J, Bugbee A. What is your diagnosis? An endotracheal wash from a dyspneic 3-month old female Labrador Retriever. >em>Veterinary Clinical Pathology. Forthcoming 2013. Advanced online publication. DOI: 10.111/vcp. 12076.
- Fabrick C, Bugbee A, Fosgate G. Clinical features and outcome of Heterobilharzia americana infection in dogs. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine. 2010. Jan-Feb; 24(1): 140-4.