DVM, PhD, DACVP
Anatomic Pathology, Josiah Meigs Distinguished Teaching Professor, University Professor
- Disease Physiology and Pathogenesis
- General and Systemic Pathology
- Pathogenesis of Infection
- Pathogenesis of disease in food-producing animals
- Emerging diseases, transboundary animal diseases after emerging diseases
- DVM (1981) University of Guelph
- PhD (1986) University of California at Davis
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Pathologists
- Associate Editor, Emerging Infectious Diseases, 2009-present
- Associate Editor, Transboundary and Emerging Diseases, 2019 – Present
- General pathology
- Systemic pathology
- Global animal health
- Torres-Velez FJ, Havas KA, Spiegel, K, Brown CC. Transboundary Animal Diseases as Re-Emerging Threats – Impact on One Health. Seminars in Diagnostic Pathology. 2019
- Butt SL, Dimitrov KM, Zhang J, Wajid A, Bibi T, Basharat A, Brown CC, Rehmani SF, Stanton JB. Enhanced phylogenetic resolution of Newcastle disease outbreaks using complete viral genome sequences from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue samples. Virus Genes, May 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11262-019-01669-9
- Holler PJ, Quinn KA, Brown CC. Challenges in Preparing Veterinarians for Global Animal Health: Understanding the Public Sector. J Vet Med Educ. 2017 Aug 10:1-5. doi: 10.3138/jvme.1016-165R.
- Brown CC, Franz DR. Making foreign engagements sustainable: It’s personal. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2016 Sep 15;249(6):596-7. doi: 10.2460/javma.249.6.596
- Hollier PJ, Fathke RL, Brown CC. The veterinary profession and precarious values. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. 244(10):1130-1132, 2014
- Brown CC, Garin-Bastuji B, Ziay G, Hayajneh W, Al-Fuqaha S, Hemida H, Otify Y, Hailat K, Alkhlouf S, Hailat N. Improving the diagnostic capacities of brucellosis, enhancing the vaccination and control strategies in the Middle East and North Africa.
Pakistan Veterinary Journal, 34(2):263-264, 2014
- Brown CC. A Field Manual of Animal Diseases by Syndromes, with Emphasis on Transboundary Animal Diseases, Boca Publications, 2013, 126 pp.
- Dale E, Brown CC. Zoonotic Diseases from Poultry. Brazilian Journal of Veterinary Pathology, 6(2):76-82, 2013
- Brown CC, Torres F, Rech R. A Field Manual for Collection of Specimens to Enhance Diagnosis of Animal Diseases, Boca Publications, 2012, 120 pp.
- Cattoli G, Susta L, Terregino C, Brown CC. Newcastle disease: A review of field recognition and current methods of laboratory control. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation, 23(4):637-656, 2011
- Brown CC, Harvey SB, Stiles D. Using a Natural Abilities Battery for Academic and Career Guidance – a Ten-year Study. Journal of Veterinary Medical Education, 38(3):270-7, 2011
- Additional publications by Dr. Brown may be found on PubMed.