Giuseppe A. Sautto obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Medical Biotechnology at the University of Milan (Italy) from 2003-2006. He then received a Master’s Degree in Molecular and Cellular Medical Biotechnology in 2008, and a PhD in Molecular Medicine in 2012 at the Vita-Salute San Raffaele University of Milan. From 2007 Giuseppe have focused his research activity on the selection, cloning, characterization and engineering of monoclonal antibodies directed against infectious agents (such as HCV, influenza and opportunistic fungi). He gave also lectures on Microbiology to undergraduate students.
He joined as a visiting scientist the International Novartis BioCamp in Basel (Switzerland) in 2012, the Institut de Biologie Structurale in Grenoble (France) in 2013 and the Institute of Virology of the Technical University of Munich (Germany) in 2014. He is author, editor and reviewer of several international scientific journals. In 2015 he was awarded by the Carlo Erba Foundation for his research activity on viral diseases.
- – Cloning, engineering and characterization of monoclonal antibodies directed against infectious agents
- – Interplay between pathogen and host immune response
- – Immunoprophylactic and immunotherapeutic approaches against infectious diseases
- BS, (2006), Medical Biotechnology, University of Milan
- MS, (2008), Molecular and Cellular Medical Biotechnology, Vita-Salute San Raffaele University of Milan
- PhD, (2012), Molecular Medicine, Vita-Salute San Raffaele University of Milan
- Qualified as a Professional Biologist, (2015), University of Insubria of Varese
- Sautto GA, Wisskirchen K, Clementi N, Castelli M, Diotti RA, Graf J, Clementi M, Burioni R, Protzer U, Mancini N. Chimeric antigen receptor (CAR)-engineered T cells redirected against hepatitis C virus (HCV) E2 glycoprotein. Gut. 2016 Mar;65(3):512-23.
- Mancini N, Sautto GA, Clementi N, Burioni R, Clementi M. Chimeric antigen receptor (CAR)-redirected T cells: is there a place for them in infectious diseases? Clin Microbiol Infect. 2015 Aug;21(8):715-6.
- Sautto G, Tarr AW, Mancini N, Clementi M. Structural and antigenic definition of hepatitis C virus E2 glycoprotein epitopes targeted by monoclonal antibodies. Clin Dev Immunol. 2013;2013:450963.
- Sautto G, Mancini N, Gorini G, Clementi M, Burioni R. Possible future monoclonal antibody (mAb)-based therapy against arbovirus infections. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:838491.
- Sautto G, Mancini N, Diotti RA, Solforosi L, Clementi M, Burioni R. Anti-hepatitis C virus E2 (HCV/E2) glycoprotein monoclonal antibodies and neutralization interference. Antiviral Res. 2012 Oct;96(1):82-9.
- Sautto G, Mancini N, Solforosi L, Diotti RA, Clementi M, Burioni R. HCV proteins and immunoglobulin variable gene (IgV) subfamilies in HCV-induced type II mixed cryoglobulinemia: a concurrent pathogenetic role. Clin Dev Immunol. 2012;2012:705013.