- Disease Physiology and Pathogenesis
- Gait analysis
- Pain management
Dr. Steve Budsberg received his DVM from Washington State University in 1983. He completed an internship at Angell Memorial in Boston and then did his residency in Small Animal Surgery at Michigan State University in 1987. He is board-certified by the American College of Veterinary Surgery. Dr. Budsberg spent time at Louisiana State University before joining the faculty at the University of Georgia.
Currently, Dr. Budsberg is a Professor in the Department of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery. He is also jointly appointed to the Department of Physiology and Pharmacology.
American Veterinary Medical Association
- Council on Research, 2004-2010
- Chair, Council on Research, 2008-2010
American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Board of Regents, 2004-2007
- President-elect, 2007-2008
- President, 2008-2009
- Chairman of the Board, 2009-2010
- Nominating Committee Chair, 2010-2011
Evidence-Based Veterinary Medicine Association
- President-elect, 2006-2008
- President, 2008-2010
- Past President, 2010-2012
- Goodman L, Coles TB, Budsberg SC. Leukotriene Inhibition in Small Animal Veterinary Medicine. J Vet Pharm Therap 2008;31:387-398.
- Punke JP, Hulse DA, Kerwin SC, Peycke LE, Budsberg SC. Arthroscopic Documentation of Elbow Cartilage Pathology in Dogs with Clinical Lameness without Changes on Standard Radiographic Projections. Vet Surg 2009;38:209-212.
- Torres B, Chambers JN, Budsberg SC. Revision of cemented total hip arthroplasties with cementless components: Three Cases. Vet Surg 2009;38:81-86.
- Torres BT, Chambers JN, Budsberg SC. Successful cementless cup re-implantation using cortical bone graft augmentation following an acetabular fracture and cup displacement. Vet Surg 2009;38:87-91.
- Budsberg SC. Review of NSAIDs: COX selectivity and systemic effects beyond analgesia. Compend Contin Educ Pract Vet 2009;31(3A-Suppl):10-16.