Looking for a safe, secure, state-of-the-art facility for your next research project? The AHRC can be the perfect partner. You may conduct your project in one of the AHRC’s laboratories or have one of our researchers oversee the completion of your study. We offer:
The AHRC administration and bioresources team offers consultation regarding models used and study set up following the guidelines provided in the Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (the BMBL), the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, and the Guide for the Care and Use of Agricultural Animals in Research and Teaching (the Ag guide).
The Office of Biosafety, along with AHRC administration, provides consultation regarding all procedures, equipment, animal model, personnel, PPE, transporting agents and tissues, and decontamination.
All animals involved in your project will receive expert care and enrichment provided by a highly trained AHRC bioresources team.
In addition, we provide:
- Appropriate personal protective equipment training for lab staff, veterinarians and AR staff
- Various technical procedures (injections, blood collection, medication, tissue harvesting, necropsy, etc.)
- Vet services with consultation and care provided by on-call veterinarian
- Decontamination- liquid and gas sterilization
- Environmental monitoring
- Health checks
- Record management
- Waste disposal
- Emergency evacuation training