Established in 2015, the Center for Vaccines and Immunology (CVI) is made up of a premier team of researchers that are leading the way in basic and translational research in immunology and vaccine development.
- Anne De Groot – Senior Research Professor
- Ying Huang – Assistant Research Scientist
- Chester Joyner – Assistant Professor
- Jarrod J. Mousa – Assistant Professor
- Karen A. Norris – GRA Eminent Scholar in Immunology and Translational Biomedicine, Professor
- Ted M. Ross – GRA Eminent Scholar of Infectious Diseases, Professor
- S. Mark Tompkins – Professor
UGA is the logical home for the CVI thanks to its diverse, world-renowned expertise within the areas of infectious disease, veterinary medicine, ecology and public health. With UGA’s world-class biocontainment research resources coupled with the expertise of scientists from nearby institutions, CVI investigators can focus on translational studies to test and assess the efficacy of vaccines and immunotherapies in development by industry, governmental and academic institutions.