The Georgia Undergraduate Veterinary Scholars Program (GUVSP) provides a paid summer research and professional development experience for undergraduate students interested in learning more about comparative biomedical sciences and veterinary medicine.
As an Undergraduate Veterinary Scholar you will:
- Conduct a research project under the mentorship of an experienced faculty scientist
- Work alongside veterinary students in the Georgia Veterinary Scholars Program
- Visit local research institutions including the CDC and Emory
- Grow your research and communication skills
- Learn how to develop competitive application packets for vet school and/or graduate school
- Present your work as a poster at the National Veterinary Scholars Symposium in San Diego, July 31-August 2nd
Applications will be made available in mid-december and will be due February 17th. Two letters of recommendation are required, on must be from faculty member at your home institution.
Click here for the GUVSP Application.
Undergraduates from HBCUs and HSIs and those from groups underrepresented in veterinary sciences are encouraged to apply.