DVM, PhD, DACVIM, DACVN
- DVM (1990) University of Minnesota
- PhD (1998) University of Minnesota
- Basic Comparative Animal Nutrition (VPHY 5170)
- Gastrointestinal Physiology (VPHY 5140)
- Renal Physiology (VPHY 5160)
- Advanced Small Animal Nutrition (VPHY 5445)
- Comparative Mammalian Physiology (VPHY 6100)
- Nutritional management of diseases
- Urology and nephrology
- Zoetis Distinguished Veterinary Teacher Award, 2013 — University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine Outstanding Teaching Faculty Award, 2014 — University of Georgia
- Faculty Recognition Award: Excellence in Teaching, 2007 — from the freshman class (Class of 2010)
- Sanderson SL, Gross KL, Ogburn PN, Calvert C, Jacobs G, Lowry S, Bird KA, Koehler LA, Swanson LL. The Effect of Dietary Fat and L-Carnitine on Plasma and Whole Blood Taurine Concentrations and Cardiac Function in Healthy Dogs Consuming Protein-Restricted Diets. Am J Vet Res 62:1616-1623, 2001.
- Sanderson SL, Osborne CA, Lulich JP, Gross KL, Lowry SR, Pierpont ME, Ogburn PN, Koehler LA, Swanson LL, Bird KA, Ulrich LK. Effects of Dietary Fat and Carnitine on Urine Carnitine Excretion in Healthy Dogs. Veterinary Therapeutics: Research in Applied Veterinary Medicine2:181-192, 2001.
- Sanderson SL, Osborne CA, Lulich JP, Bartges JW, Pierpont ME, Ogburn PN, Koehler LA, Swanson LL, Bird KA, Ulrich LK. Evalation of Urinary Carnitine and Taurine Excretion in Five Cystinuric Dogs with Carnitine and Taurine Deficiency. J Vet Int Med 15:94-100, 2001.
- Lulich JP, Osborne CA, Sanderson S, Ulrich LK, Koehler LA, Bird KA and Swanson L. Voiding Urohydropropulsion: 5 Years of Experience. Veterinary Clinics of North America-Small Animal Practice 29:283-291, 1999.
- Osborne CA, Sanderson SL, Lulich JP, Bartges JW, Ulrich LK, Koehler LA, Bird KA and Swanson LL. Canine Cystine Urolithiasis: Cause, Detection, Treatment, and Prevention. Veterinary Clinics of North America: Small Animal Practice 29:193-211,1999.
- Bartges JW, Osborne CA, Lulich JP, Kruger JM, Sanderson SL, Koehler L and Ulrich L. Canine Urate Urolithiasis: Etiopathogenesis, Diagnosis, and Management. Veterinary Clinics of North America: Small Animal Practice 29:161-191,1999.
- Osborne CA, Lulich JP, Polzin DJ, Sanderson SL, Koehler LA, Ulrich LK, Bird KA, Swanson LL and Pederson LA. Analysis of 77,000 Canine Uroliths: Perspectives from the Minnesota Urolith Center. Veterinary Clinics of North America-Small Animal Practice 29:17-38, 1999.
- Sanderson S. Case Commentary: A Brief Overview of Urolithiasis in Dogs. Compendium 21:662-667, 1999.
- Sanderson S, Gross K, Lulich J, Osborne C, Ogburn P, Pierpont ME, Koehler L, Swanson L, Bird K and Ulrich L. Reliability of Taurine Concentrations Measured in Single Urine Samples Obtained from Dogs Eight Hours After Eating. Am J Vet Res 60:186-189, 1999.
- Pion PD, Sanderson SL, Kittleson MD. The Effectiveness of Taurine and Levocarnitine in Dogs with Heart Disease. Veterinary Clinics of North America: Small Animal Practice 28:1495-1514, 1998.
- Osborne CA, Lulich JP, Thumchai R, Bartges JW, Sanderson SL, Ulrich LK, Koehler LA, Bird KA and Swanson LL. Diagnosis, Medical Treatment and Prognosis of Feline Urolithiasis. Veterinary Clinics of North America: Small Animal Practice 26:589-627,1996.
- Osborne CA, Sanderson SL, Lulich JP, Johnston GR and Polzin DJ. Medical Management of Iatrogenic Rents in the Wall of the Feline Urinary Bladder. Veterinary Clinics of North America: Small Animal Practice 26:551-562, 1996.
- Sanderson S, Osborne C, Lulich J, Pierpont ME, Gross K, Ogburn P, Koehler L and Carvalho M. Reliability of Carnitine Concentrations Measured in Single Postprandial Urine Samples from Dogs. Am J Vet Res 57:1185-1188, 1996.
- Sanderson S, Ogburn P and Osborne C. Heart Disease Management: Indications for Nondrug Therapies. Veterinary Forum 13:36-43, 1996.
- Osborne CA, and Sanderson SL. Recurrent Feline Hematuria, Dysuria and Pollakiuria: What’s the Diagnosis, Prognosis and Therapeutic Plan? DVM 23: 24-25, 1992.
- Additional publications by Dr. Sanderson may be found at PubMed.