The UGA College of Veterinary Medicine is dedicated to training future veterinarians, conducting research related to animal and human diseases, and providing veterinary services for animals and their owners. Read more about us >>
Veterinary Medical Center - NOW OPEN
July 16-18: Diagnostic Endoscopy
August 9: S" is for Skin: A Day of Dermatology
August 16: Laser Therapy in Veterinary Practice
September 10-11: Comparative Ocular Pathology (COPS)
June 6: CVM alumni gathering at GVMA
July 13: CVM alumni gathering at AVMA
August 15: Horse Owners Seminar
Open House (2015 and prior years)
- Dr. Cynthia Ward was named a Josiah Meigs Distinguished Teaching Professor, the highest teaching honor awarded by the University of Georgia.
- UGA Alumni Association's 2014 "40 under 40" list. CVM alumni Schmiedt and Swartz were named.
- Read about the Josiah Meigs Professors teaching in the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Staff Awards | Faculty Awards
- Recent Research Awards
- U.S. developing bird flu vaccine, no distribution plans yet.
- DRUGS 2.0: "Essential oils" sounds like a spa treatment, but could they help in the battle against drug-resistant bacteria?
- UGA technology could help halt measles outbreak.
- Researchers find protein necessary for fertility performs different roles in sperm, eggs.
- Obese Pet Survey Reveals Hidden Health Risks.
- A Look Back at the First Black Graduates of VA-MD Vet Med. Features faculty member Dr. Margie Lee.
- Pickens native battled Ebola outbreak in Liberia. Dr. Adams is a graduate of our DVM-MPH dual degree program (MPH '11, DVM '12).
- Can aggressive dogs be rehabilitated? Article quotes Sharon Crowell-Davis, behavior medicine expert at the CVM (article misidentifies her as "Crowe-Davis").