The UGA College of Veterinary Medicine is dedicated to training future veterinarians, conducting research related to animal and human diseases, and providing veterinary services for animals and their owners. Read more about us >>
Looking for our Veterinary Teaching Hospital?
The University of Georgia Veterinary Teaching Hospital provides 24-hour emergency services and advanced animal healthcare while training the next generation of veterinarians. Click here to visit our website for more information.
August 13: Laser Therapy
September 17-18: Small Animal Surgery
October 8-9: Internal Medicine
November 3-4: Equine Encore
November 5: Veterinary Technician Conference
December 3-4: Avian and Reptile Endoscopy
December 10-11: Outpatient Medicine
April 7: Phi Zeta Day
April 15: Honors and Awards Banquet (ticket required)
May 7: CVM graduation (ticket required)
June 19-22: VetCAMP
- UGA collaborates with GeoVax on Zika Vaccine
- The CVM’s Dr. Ted Ross is working with Sanofi Pasteur to create a new flu vaccine that would protect against multiple seasonal influenza strains over a multi-year period.
- Recent Research Awards
- U.S. developing bird flu vaccine, no distribution plans yet.
- DRUGS 2.0: "Essential oils" sounds like a spa treatment, but could they help in the battle against drug-resistant bacteria?
- Researchers find protein necessary for fertility performs different roles in sperm, eggs.
- This is what your cat is really trying to say.
- UGA CVM PhD candidate Tara Bracken examines the challenges involved with improving the health of all people in her story, "Wealth versus Wellness: The Complex World of Global Health"
- Deadly bird flu not likely to come to Georgia.
- A walk isn't just a walk to your dog. It's a social media journey! UGA CVM's Sharon Crowell-Davis explains why.
- Obese Pet Survey Reveals Hidden Health Risks.