Ensuring the safety of the milk we drink
The Milk Quality Laboratory, run through the College’s Food Animal Health and Management program, is a service and teaching laboratory that performs bacteriologic cultures for dairies in Georgia and neighboring states.
- Individual cow clinical mastitis culture
- Individual cow sub-clinical mastitis culture
- Contagious pathogen screening (including Mycoplasma)
- Bulk Tank milk bacteria counts
- Colostrum bacteria counts
- Calf milk bacteria counts
We can also perform the following milk quality assurance audits:
- Milking system wash-up performance analysis
- Milking system airflow analysis
- Milking routine and parlor throughput evaluation
- Teat end scoring
- Bulk tank cooling analysis
- Pasteurizer temperature analysis
If you would like more information on how milk cultures can help your operation, pricing, or how to submit milk samples for culture, please contact Dr. Emmanuel Rollin (email@example.com, cell phone 706.202.7821).