Buck Creek Veterinary Clinic is the perfect practice for a veterinary student looking to gain clinical experience with a collaborative, tight-knit team. We are passionate about advancing education through clinical experience. Externships are available for 2nd through 4th year students enrolled in a college of veterinary medicine. Every student has different goals so every clinical rotation is personalized based on scheduling needs, academic institution requirements, and areas of clinical interest.
Up to $600/wk in reimbursement for travel, meals, and housing!
As a Veterinary Student Extern, you will gain experience in:
• Gathering patients’ medical histories
• Performing comprehensive physical exams
• Formulating and implementing diagnostic and therapeutic care plans
• Scrubbing-in and assisting with surgical procedures
• Helping your supervising DVM manage various medical cases
• Providing patient care
• Refining your client communication skills
• Honing your clinical and technical skills
Small animal general practice, ill pet visits, and wellness exams
Soft tissue surgery
In-house Idexx Laboratory
Contact us for more information! [email protected] and you can also watch a brief informational video here. We look forward to connecting with you!