Cooper Farms is a family-owned farm and food company based in Northwest Ohio for 85 years. A commitment to teamwork and quality has made us one of the top turkey, hog and egg companies in the U.S. and awarded the company and its team an excellent reputation. Our Fort Recovery Feed & Animal Division in Mercer County, Ohio, produces and delivers feed while providing support to our contract farmers raising animals for production. Cooper Farms is currently seeking a Company Veterinarian to join our team in Fort Recovery. This position will work closely with the Director of Veterinary Services.
– Management of disease monitoring, intervention, prevention, health and welfare of turkey breeder, commercial turkey grower farms and egg layer farms.
– Participate with the live production and other service teams to develop and implement company supported business objections, practices, SOP’s and other functions.
– Education of Cooper Farms poultry service team members, growers and other Cooper Farms division team members. Demonstrate ability to work with team members and growers.
– Perform veterinary care and procedures to ensure the health, welfare and food safety of Cooper Farms live poultry divisions.
– Oversee vaccination and antibiotic use to ensure poultry health conforms to Cooper Farms policies. Prescribe and approve antibiotics responsibly and timely.
– DVM from an accredited university.
– License to practice veterinary medicine in the USA, obtain a veterinary license in Ohio and Indiana and USDA accreditation.
– Poultry experience and/or training.
– A valid driver’s license.
– Ability to work well with others.
More Than A Workplace:
Cooper Farms consistently works to be more than just a workplace to our team members. We provide generous paid vacation immediately after hire, eight (8) paid holidays; medical, dental, vision and life insurance, and FREE healthcare clinics; a 401(k) plan with company match; monthly and year-end profit-sharing bonuses; great deals on Cooper Farms deli and turkey products; a $300 yearly wellness reimbursement, and so many more opportunities to earn and grow with the company. Apply today to learn what “more than a workplace” really means!