Pet OverPopulation Prevention (POPP) Spay & Neuter Clinic, Pasco, WA 99301
Description: We are in the beautiful Tri-Cities, Washington area and serve an important role in our community by increasing access to care for underserved patient populations. We help enhance the quality of life for our patients and their families by preventing pet overpopulation! Come join our amazing team and enjoy NO on-call, and no weekends! HQHVSN experience preferred but not required.
Responsible for the veterinary operations of the POPP Spay and Neuter Clinic. This includes daily care of all surgical patients in the clinic, ensuring all clinic staff members are adhering to proper pre-, peri- and post-operative care of patients. During designated training sessions, responsible for training participants in all aspects of patient care and efficient/safe clinic practices, maintaining a professional and friendly manner at all times. Working closely with veterinary technicians, veterinary assistants, other clinic staff, and board members. Working with POPP Cat and Dog Adoption program animals, including wellness and surgical care.
• Examine animals pre-operatively to determine their ability to withstand surgery
• Perform surgical sterilizations on canine and feline patients in a high-quality, high-volume spay neuter (HQHVSN) clinic setting.
• Examine animals post-operatively to ensure appropriate healing
• Inoculate animals and provide recommendations for follow-up care
• Supervise handling and recording of controlled substances by Veterinary Technicians
• Supervise post-operative rechecks and order of medical treatments as necessary to ensure complete surgical recovery
• Assess individual patient issues, and provide appropriate resolutions
• Follow and support all organizational and medical protocols
• Communicate effectively with Board, management, staff, and clients
• Behave in a manner that upholds both personal and professional standards, as an ambassador of POPP, at all times
• Train any designated persons in all aspects of patient care and efficient/safe clinic practices, always maintaining a professional and friendly manner
• Be a leader among staff, displaying a positive attitude and acting as a motivating force for all staff members
• Ensure all clinic staff members are adhering to proper pre-, peri- and post-operative care of patients
• All other duties, as assigned
SURGICAL TECHNIQUES & SKILLS
1. Adheres to aseptic/sterile techniques and sterile field throughout the surgical process.
2. Understands and utilizes ASPCA Spay/Neuter Alliance surgical techniques.
OTHER CRITICAL SKILLS
1. Demonstrates good speed and sense of urgency completing daily tasks
2. Competently performs RECOVER CPR algorithm and other emergency measures
3. Competently handles surgical complications and rechecks
4. Effectively critiques breaks in sterility
5. Effectively critiques and suggests additional disease control measures
6. Understands and practices low stress animal handling
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
1. Must be a licensed Veterinarian in the state of Washington
2. Must have a valid DEA license
3. Must maintain all current and correct licensure
1. Must be able to work standing or sitting for extended periods of time
2. Must have good vision including peripheral vision, fine detail, distance, depth perception and ability to focus
1. Must be able to work under stressful conditions and work efficiently and effectively under those conditions
2. Must be able to respond quickly to a variety of medical situations (with training), make decisions, delegate tasks, and recognize the need for assistance.
3. Must be able to cope with death due to surgical complications or euthanasia
If you like to make decisions and implement them, and enjoy no weekends, and no-call, this job is for you. We offer a four or five-day work week. We also offer PTO with rollover, annual CEs with days off to attend, a signing bonus; medical, dental, and vision that are employer paid; retirement plan with 3% match; licensing reimbursement and liability insurance. Pay is $90,000 to $130,000. Please submit your resume and cover letter.