Our team at Saunders Veterinary is rich in experience from multiple background types that have come together in the veterinary field. These experiences have helped to build a strong foundation upon which we constantly grow, look at areas to work on that make us better and help us be our best for our clients and patients. We enjoy what we do and who we work beside.
We are passionate about advancing education through clinical experience and we welcome 2nd to 4th year veterinary students to join us for a valuable clinical externship!
Up to $600/wk in reimbursement for travel, meals, and housing!
As a Veterinary Student Extern, you will gain experience in:
• Gathering patients’ medical histories
• Performing comprehensive physical exams
• Formulating and implementing diagnostic and therapeutic care plans
• Scrubbing-in and assisting with surgical procedures
• Helping your supervising DVM manage various medical cases
• Providing patient care
• Refining your client communication skills
• Honing your clinical and technical skills
Small animal general practice, ill pet visits, as well as wellness exams
Soft tissue surgery
In-house Idexx Laboratory with Antech for reference
Monday-Friday schedule, no weekends or major holidays
Contact us for more information! [email protected] and you can also watch a brief informational video here. We look forward to connecting with you!