- Disease Ecology
- Disease Modeling
- Infectious Diseases
My research interests span the ecology, evolution, population dynamics, and molecular epidemiology of emerging infectious diseases. I am primarily interested in viral disease systems, such as influenza A virus, where transmission at individual (including between host species), population and global scales are difficult to observe or quantify.
- Ecology, evolution and epidemiology of infectious diseases
- 1995-2001 BSc, The University of Toronto, Toronto Canada
- 2002-2007 PhD, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, SAR China
- 2007-2010 Postdoctoral Training The University of Hong Kong. Hong Kong, SAR China
- 2010-2011 Postdoctoral Training Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School, Singapore
Dr. Bahl is a joint faculty member with the College of Public Health. He is also a member of the UGA Institute of Bioinformatics.