Dr. Allison Dockery is an avid horse enthusiast that grew up competing and training Hunter Jumpers in San Diego, California and then went on to compete in both the English and Western show ring. She attended California Polytechnic State University where she obtained her B.S. in Animal Science, followed by Veterinary School at St. George’s University where she graduated in 2013. She then went on to complete a private practice internship at Brazos Valley Equine Hospital located in Stephenville, Texas. After completion, she moved to Ohio to focus on equine orthopedic research as a Fellow in Dr. Alicia Bertone’s Comparative Orthopedic Research Laboratory supporting the College of Veterinary Medicine and College of Medicine programs at The Ohio State University. Dr. Dockery completed an Equine Surgery Residency (ACVS) at Ohio State University as well as a master’s in advanced veterinary clinical sciences in 2018 and became a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons in 2020. She is currently also completing acupuncture and equine spinal manipulation (chiropractic) certification. Dr. Dockery has a strong interest in critical care and sports medicine.
- Diplomate American College of Veterinary Surgeons, Large Animal, 2020
- MS, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2018
- Residency, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2015-2018
- Orthopedic Research, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2014-2015
- Internship, Brazos Valley Equine Hospital, Stephenville, TX, 2013-2014
- DVM, St. George’s University, Grenada, West Indies, 2013