Athens Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratories
Anatomic Pathology - AVDL, Professor
- Forensic Pathology & Legal Cases
- Reproductive Pathology & Toxicology
- Tumors of the Digit
- PhD (1981), Veterinary Pathology, University of Georgia
- MS (1979), Veterinary Pathology, University of Georgia
- DVM (1976), Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia
- BS (1973), Food Science, University of Georgia
As an Associate Director of State Government Relations since 2007, Dr. Miller works closely with the Directors of both Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratories, the Head of the Pathology Department and the Dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine in matters involving State Government. Dr. Miller serves as a liaison with the Georgia Department of Agriculture and the Georgia Veterinary Medical Association.
- Associate Director of State Government Relations
- Human-Animal Bond Program Coordinator
Dr. Miller is the organizer and coordinator of an interactive program to serve the community while involving veterinary students, faculty, staff and volunteers from the community and the university. The program sponsors animal visits throughout the state to daycare, kindergarten, elementary schools, retirement homes, and homes for the mentally and physically challenged.
Forensic Pathology. Elective course for professional veterinary students
- VPAT 5220
- VPAT 8130
Diagnostic Oncology. Lectures and microscopic instruction on tumors of the reproductive system for residents and graduate students.Diagnostic Pathology. Supervision of residents and professional veterinary students during postmortem examination and histological evaluation of necropsy cases submitted to the AVDL
Lectures and microscopic instruction on microscopic changes and specific diseases of the reproductive system for residents and graduate students.
- VPAT 5400
- VPAT 8100 and 8110
- Bosch P, Hernandez-Fonseca HJ, Miller DM, Wininger JD, Massey JB, Brackett BG. Cryopreservation and Development of Antral Follicles in Cat Ovarian Tissue after Transplantation into NOD SCID mice. Theriogenology 57: 362, 2002.
- Bosch P, Hernandez-Fonseca HJ, Miller DM, Wininger JD, Massey JB, Lamb SV, Brackett BG. Development of antral follicles in cryopreserved cat ovarian tissue transplanted to immunodeficient mice. Theriogenology 61:581-594, 2004
- Brown CA, Jeong K, Poppenga RH, Puschner B, Miller DM, Ellis AE, Kang K, Sum S, Cistola AM, Brown S. Outbreaks of renal failure associated with melamine and cyanuric acid in dogs and cats in 2004 and 2007. J Vet Diagn Invest 19:525-531, 2007
- Hernandez-Fonseca, Bosch P, Miller DM, Wininger JD, Massey JB, Brackett BG. Time Course of Follicular Development after Bovine Ovarian Tissue Transplantation in Male NOD SCID mice. Fertility and Sterility. Fertil Steril. 2005 Apr;83 Suppl 1:1180-7.
- Krimer PM, Phillips DM, Miller DM, Sanchez S. Mycobacterium goodie panniculitis in an immunocompetent dog in the United States. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2010 Nov 1;237(9):1056-9.
Chapters in Books
- Miller DM (2007) Contributing author to Veterinary Forensics: Animal Cruelty Investigations. Melinda D. Merck (ed), Blackwell Publishing.
- Additional publications by Dr. Miller may be found at PubMed.